Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

So apparently Super Mario 3D All Stars is a limited time release only available until March. Get ready to hear 20,000 times if we have it in stock before Christmas.

I’m getting asked about PS5 preorders and I’m not even in Tech. For the 1000th time, we’re not doing in store preorders.

Yeah that's why the pre-order cards were replaced with preordering on the myCheckout. We really never had information on how many to reserve and it didn't really guarantee you get one.
Doesn't that just ship it to their house, though? The whole point of pre-ordering in a store was to go as soon as the store opens and get your item.

Also yea, the few times I've used mycheckout just wasn't worth the energy expenditure on both sides of the equation. Especially if the my checkout threw an error about the card reader not working or outta sync. I can fix those errors but not in front of a guest whose time I'm wasting

I guess we are a high risk store, firesticks ,roku etc behind glass next to the tvs and we just got the ok to move the fitbits behind glass.

Yea they wanted us to have one in tech, but it has to stay on usat all times along with the hip printer... so to recount, zebra radio keys mycheckout, hip printrr...

We have 2 printers & cables to charge them & a spot for MyCheckout & it’s Charger. They are next to our row of useful binders of knowledge & preorder info on upcoming products.

All of our non Apple streaming devices are out in the open in cases tho they are called for to be in a lockup but we don’t have the budget for the amount of lockup’s we are short (5)

Does anyone know how Target does launches for new consoles? Is it a thing that corporate sends out closer to release on what to do like setup or midnight launches?

from what i gathered from previous releases

not really no

havent done a midnight release either. we get the consoles. have em at the boat (sometimes guest services) in a cage if we have a lot (lol) and jus sell em

Back