Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Does anyone know how Target does launches for new consoles? Is it a thing that corporate sends out closer to release on what to do like setup or midnight launches?
From the one HQ person I asked. Midnight launches ARE entirely possible, as the register lets you do it. No idea when we will be open till midnight again though. Although I do remember Taylor Swift's album was released at 3 am instead of 12. So you would have to check the exact time on the register.

i told the etl that ive had complaints abt the guy they put in tech

and she said "well i been closing w him and he doesnt leave much" when i said the closer said he left a whole ass cage so idk man

and then she goes on to say he isnt good with task managing so w HICH IS IT? is he good at gettin his shit done or not?

she keeps going on abt how hes a top seller in the district which apparently just negates the fact he cant finish his work?

View attachment 11502

i was...gone for a week...

looks like you guys have a decent size stockroom? We have enough entertainment to equal out to a 2 pallets or 4 uboats and it was all transition. They don’t want clutter or uboats sitting around so it was all sent up in the steel.

in other words your store has more stock in the back then what we do at least compared to what I can see in those sections. Our Funko section is basically almost completely empty besides stuff that is S/D.

and she said "well i been closing w him and he doesnt leave much" when i said the closer said he left a whole ass cage so idk man

and then she goes on to say he isnt good with task managing so w HICH IS IT? is he good at gettin his shit done or not?

she keeps going on abt how hes a top seller in the district which apparently just negates the fact he cant finish his work?

My ETL at 1 time tried to do that to me but didn’t realize I knew how to pull the reports and it ended up to be a nice status chat. For us truck is just as important as sales you can’t make sales if product is not out on the floor. I still run circles around the other 2 in my department for all tasks not even including all the off stage stuff I take care of for the department as well. I been working with the Closing Lead and when 1 of them closes I give them a little task as long as the Lead agrees with it. The lead makes sure it’s completed especially when it’s guest centric task.

lmao. i spy with my little eye a uboat of osha violations. ... but yea.... our media uboat overflowed into 2 uboats and 3 3 tiers in the back room.

My ETL at 1 time tried to do that to me but didn’t realize I knew how to pull the reports and it ended up to be a nice status chat. For us truck is just as important as sales you can’t make sales if product is not out on the floor. I still run circles around the other 2 in my department for all tasks not even including all the off stage stuff I take care of for the department as well. I been working with the Closing Lead and when 1 of them closes I give them a little task as long as the Lead agrees with it. The lead makes sure it’s completed especially when it’s guest centric task.
teach me the magic of pulling up reports i beg u

i was taught a long time ago but have since forgot

teach me the magic of pulling up reports i beg u

i was taught a long time ago but have since forgot
It’s all via greenfield and took me a little digging to figure it out via the Zebra but I have access to reports I’m technically not suppose to but even my own leader doesn’t know how to get to them and had to show how to get to them. Just like via MyTime for scheduling my ETL when new didn’t know how to work it so that’s another thing I showed how to do. I only know how to do that because of helping a previous etl on the scheduling a few weeks during the holidays a few years back. I still had to get my schedule approved though lol.

oh hilarious? electronics has nothing to do with media except maybe our closer does a box if bored... they've been begging our toys tm to do it... and they have too much work so its always a afterthought.

Our GM DBO’s for Entertainment (2) went overnight so they are tasked to set/push/backstock all entertainment. So both of them at 40hrs a week and strictly Entertainment untill work is complete. Never got that back in the pre modernization days lol. There’s weeks that’s gone by they still leave a good amount leftover that they get to do the next night.

I remember the days of doing 4ams Mondays/Tuesdays/Fridays to set all entertainment isles & do the pulls then push them by store open & still manage the electronics side of things and complete them by shift end. The closer would do any entertainment push from truck that might be left over. Those were the days have 4 10hr shifts a week now it’s just 5 8hr shifts lol.

oh yea i find it hilarious how i have found acess to reports i shouldn't see, but the only one in intrested in is whos fucking up my wacos...

i can tell who does it just by how and where they put items. I use those reports to be like “So just wondering why you took extra steps and put this item here when it clearly goes on the other side of the stockroom by the door where in bright colorful letters states that this brand only goes here”.

I wonder if Target would be able to do pre-orders for the new consoles on a day just for RedCard users. It'd stop the bots a bit and make more people sign up for one.

i can tell who does it just by how and where they put items. I use those reports to be like “So just wondering why you took extra steps and put this item here when it clearly goes on the other side of the stockroom by the door where in bright colorful letters states that this brand only goes here”.
i know!!!! all of our apple accessories and ipads and watches go in separate labeled wacos. just so that if we run back for one really quick or flex does you can just grab one really quick.

I wonder if Target would be able to do pre-orders for the new consoles on a day just for RedCard users. It'd stop the bots a bit and make more people sign up for one.

it be nice if they had a counter not that would counter all them in the best & rewarding way possible

I have a story to tell... so our vendor for media showed up tonight. He loves working with me cause I'll show him where media is in the backroom... oh he was fucking angry tonight since our gm lead left who handled media and toys is too over loaded he walked into 4 uboats of unlocked media, 3 3tiers and we couldn't find the new kpop album that was a exclusive when a guest asked him.... he didn't get angry at me but oooo he said he's going to stop over day side And have a chat with our store director... cause he couldn't do anything he needed tonight!!!

I feel you. Got one of those...spends more time chatting guest no work done....we sell just as much as he does though so no excuse right?

I have a story to tell... so our vendor for media showed up tonight. He loves working with me cause I'll show him where media is in the backroom... oh he was fucking angry tonight since our gm lead left who handled media and toys is too over loaded he walked into 4 uboats of unlocked media, 3 3tiers and we couldn't find the new kpop album that was a exclusive when a guest asked him.... he didn't get angry at me but oooo he said he's going to stop over day side And have a chat with our store director... cause he couldn't do anything he needed tonight!!!

haven’t seen our media vendor in ages not even joking & the last time they were in the ETL GM was called over from the start and the vendor didn’t like the fact after all the other times they would leave messes or barely take care of what was needed/expected that they have to check in with a ETL from the start. But otherwise this partnership is a Dorsey for sure.

I see my media vendor like once a month to once every 2 weeks. And usually since just closing tl is there , I'm the vendors point of contact for atleast telling him"here's what's going on" or who you need to contact to resolve your issue. He knows that as resourceful as I am, I can't do anything to realistically help him since modernization, media isn't really my responsibility at this point, and the team that is only works on toys and gets hours for toys. Media gets done when someone's specifically assigned if there's hours left... so after I told him this, I told him to go tell our SD its impacting his relationship and sales. We shall see what rolls down hill.

Back