Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Its so insane how Target hasn't said anything about what time orders will be able to be created. Midnight would make sense but who even knows.

Its so insane how Target hasn't said anything about what time orders will be able to be created. Midnight would make sense but who even knows.
They went as far as to specifically say they would not be announcing what time orders will go live in order to keep the website from being DDoSed. It was in the Launch preparation notes from earlier this week. Picking will begin at 4am local time though so I suspect before then.

They went as far as to specifically say they would not be announcing what time orders will go live in order to keep the website from being DDoSed. It was in the Launch preparation notes from earlier this week. Picking will begin at 4am local time though so I suspect before then.
Would that mean it also depends on where you live? I'm in the east coast, so that would mean they'd go up possibly at 3 or 4 AM EST?

Why the picking start so early when stores only have like 30 of them... What they gonna do for 4 hours after they complete 30 orders lol..

Is there no limit on those TCL TVs? I saw a cart attendant doing a carry out for 3 of them, lol
Apparently not. The Tech I used to work with in Electronics said there wasn’t a limit. Some guy bought 3 or 4 in one swoop.

Why the picking start so early when stores only have like 30 of them... What they gonna do for 4 hours after they complete 30 orders lol..
So that all of them are picked by the 4 hour mark when stores open at 8am. Keep in mind they aren’t dropping separate from other OPU batches.

We typically get 2-300 OPU units between store close and 1 am at my store. Those have to all be picked in the morning before we even get to the batches the consoles will be in. There really shouldn't be a worry about the consoles themselves on the first day as they are all online only. The worry are games and accessories that people buy with the consoles. I don't think it will be too bad though as long as tech has time to audit beforehand.

We typically get 2-300 OPU units between store close and 1 am at my store. Those have to all be picked in the morning before we even get to the batches the consoles will be in. There really shouldn't be a worry about the consoles themselves on the first day as they are all online only. The worry are games and accessories that people buy with the consoles. I don't think it will be too bad though as long as tech has time to audit beforehand.
I just had to do the audit today it popped up as a task just like suspect task and backroom audit.

Does anyone know if there are two drop times for the Xbox? We still have over a dozen in our back room but all the non-grocery OPU orders have been picked and target.com says our store is out of stock

Does anyone know if there are two drop times for the Xbox? We still have over a dozen in our back room but all the non-grocery OPU orders have been picked and target.com says our store is out of stock
All stores are like this.... Who knows what's going on. It seems like typical target though messing it up.

Yeah, I'm not at work right now, but myStore says we have half of our stock still
Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out after noticing we still have one Series S. They're purposefully keeping some in stock for the next day for people to buy in store......basically eliminating the reason they made it online only day 1 in the first place.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not at work right now, but myStore says we have half of our stock still
Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out after noticing we still have one Series S. They're purposefully keeping some in stock for the next day for people to buy in store......basically eliminating the reason they made it online only day 1 in the first place.
If this is true, it's idiotic. You are going to create the same issue you were trying to avoid today.

It's the only explanation I can think of. Why say you're sold out online and yet still keep some in the back? The fact it's only 1 Series S just screams that to me.

There was a glitch in the system today that cut the orders off. As long as the counts stayed right they should have fallen into batches later on.

Back