Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Is anyone else being asked or having the Black Friday shippers taken down already? I don't get the point. It's out in the open without security I guess, sure, but with how much stuff we got because of Black Friday, backrooms everywhere are probably already extremely filled and flexing is too much of a hassle because of how often we may get that stock back in, except for the PlayStation and Xboxes.
All video game ones including accessories shippers got sold through in no time even our backroom is light for all 3 isles. Amazon they over ordered I think or at least over sent us product we have the equivalent of 5 backroom shelf’s of echo dots/shows & 4 of all fire tablets they really haven’t sold at all this week

we got rid of lots of shippers, although we still have like the entire beats and amazon assitant shipper spider wrapped. We have zero fu... err..zero end caps to give to it though. We already have NOP and markdown endcaps taking over what should be sales planners. Its a real shiat show now in my store because they are not giving tech the required hours it needs for holidays and my etl is getting pwned because of it.

First of all. I hope you all had a great thanskiving. I know its going to possibly be a busy friday for us all. Has anyone confirmed that there are lines or people actually camping out and if so is anything being done to tell them not to or to emphasize ps5/xbox is online only.

Yes. They are being held for special events at undisclosed times. We will not about when they for sale until they are.
Undisclosed times so all the bots can get them at 6 am while Sharon trying to get it for her kids Christmas went to bed at 3 am after refreshing all night.
Target not telling people which time they will restock is a big middle finger to legitimate people.

Undisclosed times so all the bots can get them at 6 am while Sharon trying to get it for her kids Christmas went to bed at 3 am after refreshing all night.
Target not telling people which time they will restock is a big middle finger to legitimate people.

Not entirely. As soon as we got them on the truck, TMs tried to order them. Literally, a minute after the trailer was acknowledged. It prevents us from using inside knowledge like that too.

All of our seasonal electronics didn't even make it to black friday and they didn't replace them. We're running no mids and one electronics opener/closer. They are using tons of toy tms to back us up but they can't help with mobile (we're plus mobile) so nothing gets done since all the toy back ups do is assist our guests when we have a mobile guest.

Struggling to keep up, but keeping up when I'm here. Day off reliefs are nowhere near as competent and the closer ends up having to push truck those days.

Entertainment has the spottiest attendance in the last decade I've ever seen and that's falling heavily into us which would be fine if they maintained the department even mildly properly.

All of this might not be so bad if there wasn't someone constantly yelllllling on the walkie every two minutes for back up instead of calming the fuck down

Last edited:
I gave the apple case a little makeover with a third shelf!

View attachment 11884
I asked if I could do this but sadly was told no. It's fine though since we don't have as much as you do overall. Also yeah, got 15+ boxes of XSX's that I spent an hour backstocking by also having to clean up some sections, though thankfully all of them either had items that were NOP anyways or could easily be moved. Also, found a box of game cards from 2017 lol

We aren't allowed to have Apple products that are normally in the case on the floor. We have to sell from the backroom.

Two of seasonal electronics team members are very unreliable.

Back