Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Wait what's going on with the PS5s and XBXs? Are they supposed to be held for an upcoming sale?

Wait what's going on with the PS5s and XBXs? Are they supposed to be held for an upcoming sale?
Yes, but they dropped today at like 4 a.m., our store was sitting on about 20-30 of each and we still have the series s in stock

whew lad was my boss crankeeeey today

immediately comes in and goes off abt the "mess" behind the boat which was....a small pile of books i was keeping to the side to push after the truck. and like one defected item i didnt have time to take to salvage. stops what we're doing (the truck) and asks us to start purging video games from the back. keeps complaining abt the mess around the boat but somehow finishing the truck and removing the mess that itself causes (the backstock, cardboard, GIANT CAGE IN THE WAY) is not a priority.

then she takes my keys to open a case (she has keys??) and another tm comes up to me like "hey a guest needs a video game unlocked" and im like "oh etl has the keys" and turn to look at her to ask for them back but she just snaps "no no no YOU go unlock the game" like geez lady i'd love to but you kinda took my keys

and then she starts spiderwrapping some instax minis and does the absolute worst job youve ever seen and when i point it out goes "this is NOT the day to be nitpicky, we're all going fast here" like UMMMM ok i'm sure ap appreciates that. and going fast isnt an excuse for sloppy work. bcos i quick zoned in the morning and it got trashed almost immediately but guess who got called out for that!

We’re absolutely drowning in freight (tech and entertainment) and ridiculously busy yesterday and today. And apparently hours are getting slashed next week (won’t even have tech coverage open to close). Was hoping things would get better after Christmas 🙄

Xboxes just dropped in the app. sold out in 22 mins on the east coast side. my friend's store had some xboxes that said out of stock on the app. weird.

There's an update in comms from Sunday regarding consoles and fulfillment:

They don't want us to cancel multiple orders from guests. They want us to fulfill them all. Says to shoot an email to them with the order numbers.
I'm going to let the OPU runners know, in case they get a "same guest, multiple names" situation. Hopefully it helps.

That updates been there for at least a week. I know cause I shared it with guest services before Xmas. Since they asked me on launch day.

Weirded but then again I did have to click thru 2 hyperlinks. So maybe they made it more visible

It's been in fulfillment comms for a month. After everything has been picked, I go through the console orders in pickup and check for anything that seems off. Our GS team has been informed what to do if I don't catch it and someone comes to pick up more than one console under two names.

I spear headed this in our store, I let fulfillment tl know and the dayside/closing gs leads as well as AP just so they don't walk in blind.

Mostly cause fuck the resellers. Our limit is 2.

We’re absolutely drowning in freight (tech and entertainment) and ridiculously busy yesterday and today. And apparently hours are getting slashed next week (won’t even have tech coverage open to close). Was hoping things would get better after Christmas 🙄
Electronics does not have to do MMB since the specialty vs GM split

Electronics does not have to do MMB since the specialty vs GM split
Yes but not all stores follow that. It seems most don't. Mine did but only because they were use to me doing it for 11 years anyways and didn't want to mess with it.

Back