Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Thank you for posting this. I'm looking at your boat and I am taking so many notes. For one Target Mobiles card reader and phone. 10/10 positioning. for whatever reason my target decided not to put the computers in the bottom part of the boat??? even though its literally designed for it??? I swear at times I really think our remodel team has brain damage.
Ideally, I'd prefer if the laptops and registers were on the same side instead of next to one another, but that's really about all I'd change tbh. Printer is in the cabinet, under the computer.

Anyone else getting this on new POS for consumer phones? It works on the myCheckout and other phones still work on new POS.

Attachments

• ACF4445F-C68D-4229-A169-2748E43DCA5B.jpeg
    ACF4445F-C68D-4229-A169-2748E43DCA5B.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 32
Ideally, I'd prefer if the laptops and registers were on the same side instead of next to one another, but that's really about all I'd change tbh. Printer is in the cabinet, under the computer.
While that makes sense from a TM POV, a guest gets really confused. For what ever fkn reason my ETL said NOT to move the mobile card reader even though 3/4 guests use the mobile one rather than the actual one. Genuinely really irritating. I think that this new boat would be really nice without mobile honestly. They should have just expanded it and just moved mobiles shit to their own counter. Also we literally NEVER use the two laptops only one at a time. okay rant over.
Anyone else getting this on new POS for consumer phones? It works on the myCheckout and other phones still work on new POS.
I know that on the new POS it handles activation codes differently and it is really weird sometimes.

While that makes sense from a TM POV, a guest gets really confused. For what ever fkn reason my ETL said NOT to move the mobile card reader even though 3/4 guests use the mobile one rather than the actual one. Genuinely really irritating. I think that this new boat would be really nice without mobile honestly. They should have just expanded it and just moved mobiles shit to their own counter. Also we literally NEVER use the two laptops only one at a time. okay rant over.

I know that on the new POS it handles activation codes differently and it is really weird sometimes.
I hate that I have the laptops right next to the register, it'd make more sense to just have the registers next to each other so that guests aren't putting in their card within inches of the cash drawer m

The foam is causing skin irritation

The rash issue isn't new and only pertains to models produced before January 4th 2021. Mine was made before then, but I've had no issues. They've been offering free replacements for awhile. There has to be something else going on for a bunch of major retailers to suddenly pull them off the shelves.

they arnt offering a replacement, they are sending you a silicon cover. IMO that is good because when multiple people are using the headset, someone is going to sweat the bastered up. They are not more or less comfortable and if that is what you want, there are pleather inserts you can buy.

So, how are you guys dealing with the amiibo cards? We're just keeping them backstocked and I put a note on the WACO saying that its 2 per guest as that sign isn't at the front checklanes. Also prevents stealing

So, how are you guys dealing with the amiibo cards? We're just keeping them backstocked and I put a note on the WACO saying that its 2 per guest as that sign isn't at the front checklanes. Also prevents stealing
I have them back stocked. Surprisingly haven’t had a guest ask yet.

what amibo cards do you guys have?! I haven't seen them in YEARS except that one animal crossing cross over this year, and after the initial sell out I have not seen them since.

I told our electronics guys to put them in the Nintendo lock case with a sign on it.

what amibo cards do you guys have?! I haven't seen them in YEARS except that one animal crossing cross over this year, and after the initial sell out I have not seen them since.
It's the Sanrio Crossover ones. Nintendo doesn't really make Amiibo cards except for AC anyways. We got more in awhile back

Did you guys read the September planner? It says we are going to do training and learn how to do consumer cellular prepaid phones. Is that for all stores or just stores without marketsource.

I swear to you. I read in the planner (it was aug or sep) that "Technical Consultants will do training to activate prepaid consumer cellular phones. I went on the planner today and its not there! I'm not going crazy. I'm telling you I'm not craZY. I read it!

Back