Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

dude yeah. it’s kinda scary because what do you do if you fuck something up?

I don’t know how to fix the AppleCare scanner either. it’s the worst when it breaks.

Honestly it wouldn’t be that difficult to just lock the POS until you scan a verification code on the device 🤷‍♀️
You should be able to type the code from the receipt. I think its vcd# prints to the right side above the survey.

This is a long shot, but to any TM's in T1294 St Augustine, what are you guys doing to sell a total of 334 AppleCares? And the TM in T2280 Hawthorne, who has sold 1,648 Allstate plans. Do you guys just have a good Gamer Chair or something?

PXL_20220614_202145432.jpg

Is anyone getting refurbished phones or is this the result of me reopening the "suggestion to carry item" mySupport like 8 times?

The janky looking S9 seems to be from a local repair shop, I didn't even know that was possible.

After many months of reopening a mySupport probably 8 times, I finally got Windows Update unblocked on the network. If you have your windows laptops correctly in retail mode, it should start being able to download seasonal attract loops, as well as updating to Windows 11.

After many months of reopening a mySupport probably 8 times, I finally got Windows Update unblocked on the network. If you have your windows laptops correctly in retail mode, it should start being able to download seasonal attract loops, as well as updating to Windows 11.
lol. i honestly kinda forgot about displays. AP took down all of our demos and just replaced them with signs. don’t blame em. ours got stolen quite a few times.

I wonder if that is for your store only.

lol. i honestly kinda forgot about displays. AP took down all of our demos and just replaced them with signs. don’t blame em. ours got stolen quite a few times.
We have the traditional alarms on them but we have also spider wrapped them to the shelf. Its a little concerning because it seems like they could break the screen cables running through the hinge, but none of the displays have died yet so.
I don't know why target does not get the mounts that Walmart has that holds the laptop in by the four corners, or only display laptops with Kensington lock slots.

I wonder if that is for your store only.
Possibly, but I wouldn't think that would be possible as I feel like the firewall would be globally configured.

We have the traditional alarms on them but we have also spider wrapped them to the shelf. Its a little concerning because it seems like they could break the screen cables running through the hinge, but none of the displays have died yet so.
I don't know why target does not get the mounts that Walmart has that holds the laptop in by the four corners, or only display laptops with Kensington lock slots.
We also spiderwrap them down, but people have cut them off. One used playdouh to muffle the sound

Now that home and seasonal is in Specialty they're breaking specialty up at my store.

Electronics and Beauty is going to be watched by the GM ETL and our TL (we've never had an electronics TL before lol) is going to be the toys TL.
Home and Seasonal is going to be managed by the current SS ETL.
And style is going to get its own dedicated new ETL.

On one end I like this because our new TL and ETL are super chill and will just leave us alone lmao but on the other end IDK how tf are they expecting the Toys TL to watch electronics and beauty and toys during Q4. Those are super intense Q4 departments.

Wow... my stockroom is super secured. Cameras, locking door. Etc.
Our's used to lock, but they say a vendor broke it and they never fixed it. It is rumored that they have said a locked cage hurts their OPU numbers because they have to wait for someone to unlock it. We do have cameras and the likes and a internal locked cabinet for expensive apple products.

dude our AP is such Nazis about locking the isle. Preremodel, Electronics had its own dedicated backroom. 01E. had its own locked door.

Remodel happened and electronics moved to the back backroom moved to the back too.

In Q4 SD said "Hey just leave the cage open"
me: "okay"
ETL AP "Hey why is the cage open"
me: " SD said to keep it open"
ETL AP "ok. keep it locked. I'll talk to him"
SD: "why is the cage locked"
it was so annoying.

Back