Archived Let's talk about shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your store work shoes? Do you push to piece, locate all shoes, then replenish from CAFs?

Or do you flex everything off truck? If you do flex, how do you flex?

We're in a spot right now where softlines insists on pushing to piece and staying strict to planogram. In turn, shoes have built up heavy in the backroom while we have outs everywhere in shoes.

What's best practice, and what works best?

Just throw if out there anywhere. Hell my store didn't even bother resetting shoes for over six months.

I wish I could tell you but every time we have smart huddle over there (about once a week) it seems like we have something different going on. Usually, it's push to the piece but it seems like any time I have to zone an aisle, I have to move 150 pairs to get the aisle to pog (I have no idea what flow is doing when they push). I guess the downside is that we still have the old 'stardust' down swept shelves and it never ever looks brand.

They havent really reset shoes at our store in over a year. No label strips anymore, no zone, just a hot mess. Just throw anything where it fits!

It feels like shoes gets reset almost every week. Once a week or so, we'll have a big flat full of shoes in the backroom.

Ours get pushed to plano, but when there's empty spaces, they'll flex other sizes of the same shoe into the spots, or they flex the shoe from the next slot into it.

Ours get pushed to plano, but when there's empty spaces, they'll flex other sizes of the same shoe into the spots, or they flex the shoe from the next slot into it.
This is what we think we do. Some days it even works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back