Archived Lets talk about the new Red Card App!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone told me that red cards credit and debit can now be applied from home. Credit supposedly can be applied for online and the debit/check card can be filled out at home and mailed in with a voided check. But heres the thing. On the application thing. How do you guys feel about putting your Team member number a form to some random person.? Big deal or no?. Also anyone with a red card can get an additional 30 days to their return. So that would let you have up to 120 days to return some item. *Note that the additional 30 days do not showup on the receipt but if said person tries to do the return after it expired it will go through*

Thoughts??

I thought the additional 30 days was only on electronics. It's on everything?

I don't know how I feel about giving out my TM number.

Going on what I was told and have read its for whatever you buy on your red card.

Not for it, I don't believe the store gets credit when they are done online, and obviously the cashier doesn't.

If Target wants more RedCards, they really need to do away with the required blank check for a debit account(old news). There has to be away to get the routing and account # off someones actual debit card.

It begins November 4 and gives 30 extra days on everything (except designer launches and Halloween costumes, which isn't affected this year) including the extended holiday return time that is November 1-December 24. More information is on this months front end news that was sent to stores a week or two ago.

Not for it, I don't believe the store gets credit when they are done online, and obviously the cashier doesn't.

This. Why would the store get credit if the app isn't being done in the store?

It begins November 4 and gives 30 extra days on everything (except designer launches and Halloween costumes, which isn't affected this year) including the extended holiday return time that is November 1-December 24. More information is on this months front end news that was sent to stores a week or two ago.

I'll have to see if I can snag a Front End News. I know my store has them, but they haven't been distributed to the checklane binders yet.

Ditto on the news since I don't get to read 'em any more.
Re: debit apps using guests' debit cards - a techie friend told me that it would be difficult (but not impossible) because of proprietary info of the guest acct. A PIN is basically a key to allow single-use access for the withdrawal. Using debit card info to process the application would require more protracted & in-depth access than most debits are set up for.

I thought you could always apply online? A couple of months ago, I applied for both the debit card and credit card online.

Without needing a check? Or did they give you a place to enter your routing #s?
That would be cool.

Mail-in debit apps have been available for a long time. We've been pushing them at my store for the past 6+ months.

I thought you could always apply online? A couple of months ago, I applied for both the debit card and credit card online.

For on-line you can do the RC as a charge card, but with the debit card you have to print off an application....or get an app from the store.

This all starts Nov. 4....yay!

Although I've asked my one GSTLs about this and she's has no idea of what it is I'm talking about.

Sure do hope that this information gets out to everyone BEFORE this starts!

We had our REDCard/Giftcard walk recently from corporate, and I was there with my ETL-GE... Lots of fun things coming.

As for the paper applications, we put our store stamp on them before we give them out, and it is confirmed that the store DOES receive credit for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving out your TM idea is just asking for trouble. I could see myself being called into the HR person asking why my team member discount was used in three different states in the past two days.

this is why no one should be taking a discount from someone they don't know without an actual card. We don't let anyone who doesn't work at our store just give us their number. They have to have their card.

We aren't even supposed to give the discount even if we know them without the actual card present.

Except for this website and one GSTL no one at my store has any idea about the "checkless" RC app.

So, I"m beginning to wonder if all stores will go to this new process. I know that people here have said it will happen with the Fall rollout...Nov. 5....but why don't more people know about it?

OK Team....

Today I asked our ETL AP and an ETL LOD about this RC stuff....neither of them had a clue about what I was asking.

In fact, when I mentioned the November rollout they hadn't heard about it either.

I looked on workbench, but found nothing...so, anyone know anything more about this?

BTW, the GSTL who had told me that she knew about the RC checkless application told me today that she hadn't heard a thing about it either.

Am I crazy? Are they crazy? Is this one elaborate joke?

So, what's the story?

Sounds like your store is just uninformed... I've been aware of the Nov. rollout for over a month lol.

Sounds like your store is just uninformed... I've been aware of the Nov. rollout for over a month lol.

The only reason why I know about it (I'm a GSA) is because I was with the ETL-GE when she got the newsletter with all this information. About a week ago I went to talk about it with my GSTL and ask when it started, all I recieved a blank look. He still had no idea about the new rollout (i personally love the extra 30 days on returns...however won't be giving anyone my employee number for apps).

Communication has never been one of Targets strong points

***The extra 30 days on returns is an amazing selling point for redcards btw.

Ok, from what I read, we only have to give our name and store number. This is what I read in October's front end news.

Wait....the online app wants you to give them your number so that they can give you credit for it?

What?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back