Archived Letter of recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I'll keep it short and sweet.
Has anyone ever transferred and asked the leadership for a letter of recommendation to help things "move along " in the new store?
I'm about to lose my everloving mind with this transfer and it's actually impacting my work and behavior.
Thank you to anyone that will spend tbeir time writing an answer

I have called the new store, and I know STLs/ETLs have done so as well. Have your ETL call directly and see what the problem is.

Your ETL HR should contact the other store and provide their recommendation along with a list of work centers you're trained in. Mine first emailed and then called for my transfer, but the other store's ETL HR was on vacation (I called as well to ask about the status) so it took two weeks just to get approved. Definitely a stressful wait.

I should have been more specific.
I am a HRTM transferring to another state. I am signed off as TL. My HRBP had me in mind to take over the position of SrTL HR. In the new store they are taking me as GSA.
I was wondering if anyone has had a recommendation letter to speed up a promotion right after moving to a different group/region?

I should have been more specific.
I am a HRTM transferring to another state. I am signed off as TL. My HRBP had me in mind to take over the position of SrTL HR. In the new store they are taking me as GSA.
I was wondering if anyone has had a recommendation letter to speed up a promotion right after moving to a different group/region?

Hey there, I will say it never hurts. Especially if your ETL HR thanks highly of you.

I also hate to say it but it doesn't always hold a lot of weight when you change groups. If you are staying in the same district or group since a lot of the leadership is shared.

The HRTM before me was on the TL bench but still had to settle for a HRTM position in California trying to switch regions.

Last edited:
Hey there, I will say it never hurts. Especially if your ETL HR thanks highly of you.

I also hate to say it but it doesn't always hold a lot of weight when you change groups. If you are staying in the same district or group since a lot of the leadership is shared.

The HRTM before me was on the TL bench but still had to settle for a HRTM position in California trying to switch regions.
I would LOVE to be able to settle for HRTM position but there are no openings so I am going to have settle for GSA ( I though that it would be easier to keep my 40 hours that way) but I want to move up FAST. I am on the bench and I have done great in the last 2 years. I have received a lot of recognition from the district TL and HRBP. I am kinda hurt/bothered/annoyed to start over. I don't want to be stuck as a GSA for a long time because I can't afford it (HR schedule lets me work 2 jobs while still keeping a resemblance of work-life balance) AND I want to get back in HR.
I am trying to be proactive on what my next moves are going to be but I am not sure about what I can "carry over".
Does that make sense?

As far as I know for my district, I was told once I leave the district I would lose my bench status. I'll need to do everything over in another district, and redo the interviews to be on the bench again. And even if I should go through the process and be benched again, I'll be at the bottom of the list since I'm sure every other district will have their own bench lined up. The only way around it was to wait until I am a TL and then transfer, or look for an open TL position and apply for it before I transfer.

I mean it sort of made sense, since the districts already have established bench and candidates, why would a new TM from another district get special treatment and get bumped to the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back