Life as an ETL

So I am doing the ETL internship this coming summer and im curious s to what to expect? Can someone describe the tasks/ daily routine of an ETL? pros and cons of the position?

Long hours with little reward.

This sums it up. If your leadership team and district/upper management is good then the job can be enjoyable. If the team or upper management is garbage you’ll have a life of misery. Either way you’ll need thick skin and an acquired taste for turd sandwiches.

If you go through with it, it’s in your best interest to complete the EIT program and accept the job offer. If you like Target then cool, if you hate it then other employers love seeing ETL on a resume and they’ll eat that shit up. Good luck!

Just my opinion, but I’d take that four year degree somewhere more lucrative, consistent, and enjoyable than Spot, where you may encounter respect, appreciation and the ability to have work/ life balance or just have a life, period. Good luck!

Mostly, mine have been doing 12 hr days minimum. More like 16 for the GM and SS ETL. (SE ETL excluded of course. Leaves on time everyday. Might be a more desirable gig tbh)

Back