Archived Lights out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and my SLTL still is hung up on speed is life and during power hour yesterday she looked like she wanted to hang herself when everyone was on register standing about. add in the fact that this particular TL and I have locked horns in the past so it was an added bonus for me

I want to know how they all talk like this is a great and wonderful program with straight faces. All the ETLs we 'be lost recently must be rotfl.

Last edited:
Today was almost completely dead, we had five cashiers and there was generally at least 2 waiting for a guest.
It's ridiculous since on Sunday when we were swamped we had to deal with having 3+ guests in our lines since everyone available was on cash.
I feel like they aren't planning well.
Our 'power hour' was laughable.

Today was almost completely dead, we had five cashiers and there was generally at least 2 waiting for a guest.
It's ridiculous since on Sunday when we were swamped we had to deal with having 3+ guests in our lines since everyone available was on cash.

At my store, we used to send extra cashiers out to the floor to help with re-shop and whatnot until our DTL said not to do that anymore.

At my store, we used to send extra cashiers out to the floor to help with re-shop and whatnot until our DTL said not to do that anymore.

We are allowed to clean up our work area and then we have to stand at the top of our lane and wait for a guest to come by. It drives me crazy, I could be far more useful than that and it makes time crawl!

We are told, "No tasks during lights out!" So, no cleaning for us. :(
Aurora, so do you guys have to stay on registers for an hour? Are they calling it Power Hour? I thought PH was supposed to a service blitz on the SF.

We are told, "No tasks during lights out!" So, no cleaning for us. :(
Aurora, so do you guys have to stay on registers for an hour? Are they calling it Power Hour? I thought PH was supposed to a service blitz on the SF.

They do call it power hour, though it's silly because we could be dead then but crazy busy the next hour. It makes no sense, some days we have too many cashiers and some days it's too few.
Thursday we were pretty slow but had 5 cashiers. Sunday was crazy busy and we had 3 cashiers during prime time.
There's no rhyme or reason!

So...our service scores were RED everywhere on the salesfloor. Duh! We were all standing around doing nothing on the front lanes!

If my store started pulling that shit, I would most likely defect to overnight.

If my store started pulling that shit, I would most likely defect to overnight.

If my store started doing it I'd start raising a bunch of crap and complaining.

I like to think my STL is smart enough to realize this idea is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back