Archived like what the heckkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m new to target just finished my training this week. I was hired for Flex Fulfilment but I just checked my schedule for next week and that week they also put me in “Logistics Replenishment Inbound” can somebody explain to me what that is? I’m just confused on why their already scheduling me in different areas already when I haven’t been doing what I was hired to do by myself yet.

So I’m new to target just finished my training this week. I was hired for Flex Fulfilment but I just checked my schedule for next week and that week they also put me in “Logistics Replenishment Inbound” can somebody explain to me what that is? I’m just confused on why their already scheduling me in different areas already when I haven’t been doing what I was hired to do by myself yet.

The Backroom workcenter has 3 sub-workcenters: Flex Fill, Reverse Logistics, and Inbound. You're training should cover more than just Flex. At my store, Flex gets trained in how to pull batches, sort, and push a truck since it's all under the same workcenter. Rev Log is very specialized so I wouldn't expect for them to throw you in there. Also just talk to your ETL. They may not have the payroll to put you specifically under Flex. Since you were just hired it may take them a few weeks to set aside the payroll for you. Lastly, you may have been scheduled under Inbound with expectations to pull you into Flex once you clock in. I do something similar at the front, where I'll schedule GSTMs as cashiers at strategic times to help with peaks and light coverage times.

Thanks for the input everyone! Infront of the shift time it says PP1: does this mesn “priority push 1” if so does that mean I’ll just be pushing? and what exactly is pushing? I just want a better understanding of what I’m walking into. Everyone I work with in Flex is new also so they have no clue and my ETL well their not exactly friendly.

Thanks for the input everyone! Infront of the shift time it says PP1: does this mesn “priority push 1” if so does that mean I’ll just be pushing? and what exactly is pushing? I just want a better understanding of what I’m walking into. Everyone I work with in Flex is new also so they have no clue and my ETL well their not exactly friendly.

Yes it sounds like you'll mostly be doing the priority push. Push is Target-speak for re-stocking the floor. The product will already be separated by area (some even by aisle) and put onto vehicles. All you have to do is grab a vehicle and start pushing. Definitely check in with your ETL when you clock in (or the LOD). They may want you to work on a specific area of the store or plans may change last minute and they'll ask you to do something else. It's also good training for Flex. The more you push, the quicker you'll learn the store's layout. You'll be able to reduce your pick time and get through batches quicker.

For the most part the location schematics are printed on the pik labels (the long, skinny strips on the side of the box that list the DPCI, aisle location, and item count). It'll tell you the aisle and exact location on the shelf. When pushing just be careful to not put items in the wrong spot. Double check the last 4 of the DPCI. Sometimes items will look very similar except once is a different scent and more expensive. As you're pushing, make sure you're "facing" everything. Pull everything to the front and make sure it's neat. It gives off the look of being full if you don't have enough product to fill the shelf.

PP1 is priority one = which is the core .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back