Archived little flow team rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being a flow team trainer and I emphasized reading shelf labels and box labels. I even emphasized the star on the labels for second locations. Once in a while, it's OK for the wave to use a PDA because the box labels can be wrong right after a transition (usually a couple of days for the truck freight and longer for autofill, depending on how long the product was in the backroom), but usually, if the store is bowled out correctly, that shouldn't be an issue while pushing. It's also true you have to know the smart schematic system in order to read the PDA.

Your wave should work together throughout the entire store (some exceptions are fine) and do all the case stock off the ground... as you are going someone should be sorting out the repacks and loose autofills into carts in the horse shoe formation... and then as the wave moves through a few people will stay to work those out! The wave should never need a PDA unless they are one of the few working repacks...

I am one of 3that do repacks. I do the ones in Stationary, One guy for HBA, and one for other Combo/non 5&6 numbered boxes. Since I've worked at this location I've never experienced the Wave you guys have mentioned. I was told they tried it once but it didnt work out. Maybe with Overnight stores it works better. But it seems like we'd get more done by 8 with what were doing now rather than trying the Wave?

On a good day we'll be out of: HBA,Chem,Pets,Paper,Market,Toys, and SL will juuust be starting Shoes.

C&D will finish carts after break and head into Small Apps. Market Wave will split and head in to Sporting Goods and Seasonal. HBA to Stationary. And SL to Babies. We usually all meet up in Babies with 1 or 2 TM helping Electronics if need be.

since we got a new ETL our box stock sits on the floor long after the store is open. It's ridiculous to me. Target used to be big on having box stock OFF the floor, PALLETS off the floor and Cages off the floor. it all sits now until the team wave gets to that area. She came from a Wal*cough* store and they specifically hired her from a different state. I'm not sure what pull this woman has over the STL, but there is something happening, because our STL is fine with it all. Someone mentioned to me to take pictures of it and send them to Min. to see if they agree with those practices.

since we got a new ETL our box stock sits on the floor long after the store is open. It's ridiculous to me. Target used to be big on having box stock OFF the floor, PALLETS off the floor and Cages off the floor. it all sits now until the team wave gets to that area. She came from a Wal*cough* store and they specifically hired her from a different state. I'm not sure what pull this woman has over the STL, but there is something happening, because our STL is fine with it all. Someone mentioned to me to take pictures of it and send them to Min. to see if they agree with those practices.

We have boxes on the floor too. But what can you do when the team comes at 5:30-6. Doesnt leave a whole lot of time to push. I have no idea why they changed. Just a few months ago flow was from 4-8 or so. Now guests come in on saturday mornings (and tuesday/thursday) and the store looks like total crap with boxes everywhere in my dry grocery section =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back