Archived LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I took an LOA November last year so I could take an extended trip back to my home country (multiple reasons; caring for family member, death of family member, I got married etc).

I originally went in to quit - I'd only been employed for a month or so and was estimating around a month off, maybe more. My GSTL convinced me to take a LOA ("you won't have to take another drug test if you come back" "what if I can't come back at the return date" "oh we can extend it"). I didn't really want to, but I'm shocking when I'm put on the spot, I feel so uncomfortable.

Anyway, I'm back and my return date is a few weeks away. However, I'm going to be returning back to my home country a LOT more than I anticipated I would, for one reason or another - my husband and I have decided it makes more sense for me to pursue a more flexible at-home form of employment to fit in with my schedule.

How does LOA work? I believe that, if I don't return on my 'return date' my employment will be terminated, but should I go in ahead of time and explain the situation to them? I'm worried they'll manage to convince me to come back - I'm annoyingly weak-willed with that kind of thing.

With LOA are the expecting you back, or giving you the option should you wish to come back? My GSTL 'sold' it to me by saying that taking an LOA means that I won't have to do another drug test to return to Target (not that I care).

Or, do I just let the 'return date' come and go and that's the end of that? I don't know what I'm supposed to do in these situations as none of my previous jobs even offered LOA back home.

Sorry for the long post - needless to say, I'm a worrier!

Like HLM said...Just contact your store and let them know you will not be returning....its always best not to burn any bridges that you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back