LOA

I keep thinking about taking the paid loa. I have asthma and right now is peak season for me. I also have a 2 year old that I’m worried will get sick. I’d have no problem getting the proof I need from my doctor but I’m worried about repercussions. I was wondering if it includes job security. Also worried I’ll come back and be treated differently because I took the leave. Any thoughts? Could really used advice or opinions

I'm on the leave for asthma and have extended it another month unpaid. Your job should be secure and there really should be no repercussions, but of course that depends on your leadership. Hopefully they aren't petty. I'm wondering about that myself but I have to do what I feel is right for me.

I'm on the leave for asthma and have extended it another month unpaid. Your job should be secure and there really should be no repercussions, but of course that depends on your leadership. Hopefully they aren't petty. I'm wondering about that myself but I have to do what I feel is right for me.
Thank you! I’m just worried because I really do love my job. I know it’s “just target” but I’m very happy there and don’t wanna jeopardize my future there because of this but I also have to think about my health and family first

How did you go about taking the paid leave? Did you notify your store first? Or did you get in touch with leave and disability and once it was approved notify your store?

I emailed leave and disability first thinking it would take several days but I got a response the next day! So then I told my HR ETL. I would send the initial email and then let HR know right away that you are waiting for approval.

This is what I did:

I was able to get the paid leave for asthma with just a picture of my steroid inhaler box with prescription information on it as proof of condition. I was surprised at how easy it was!

email: targetleaveanddisability@reedgroup.com with the subject line Coronavirus Vulnerable LOA

include this information:

- Full name
- Position with the company
- Team member number
- Leave start date
- Leave end date
- Return to work date
- Reason for leave (condition)

I actually got a response the very next day after I sent the email, which shocked me! They requested proof of condition, which includes the following:

. Medical paperwork from a previous leave
· Return to Work note from a previous leave
· Medical facility discharge paperwork
· Doctor’s office visit paperwork
· Medical record from online sources such as my chart
· Any type of prescription related to the condition

Like I said, I just took a couple of pictures of my steroid inhaler box with my name and prescription information on it and responded to the email with the pictures attached. Got my first check today. I have heard that others with asthma did not get approved, so maybe they consider other factors like age as well (I am over 50). There is no guarantee but no harm in trying - best of luck to you!

I took LOA because I am vulnerable to fair poorly if I catch COVID-19 - in fact, sadly, chances are I'd probably die because of chronic heart and lung conditions. I was going to quit but then they offered 30 days paid. Well that is done, and now I am on unpaid LOA. Seems like the 30-days did not last past the peak of this pandemic, not in my state at least. I cannot return to Target right now, not from what I seen before I went on LOA. Our guests had no concern for us whatsoever at all and that could have been easily forecasted and our leadership had no backbone (at first) to ensure our safety. They could have been pioneers, they could have been seen as heroic, but they were afraid of what cooperate would think. Guests first you know, lets make sure they are served quickly so that they can leave saying they had a great experience first before we hinder that with this nonsensical safety measures. A lot of what I suggested in meeting with ETL's they are now doing, but then, it was as if I was overreacting being dumb. I haven't left the house since I went on LOA. I did not understand why my Target store did not seem concerned that their team was at risk and that they needed to do something. I suggested many things but it came across to them as nonsense. They seemed to be waiting for cooperate to give them direction and I thought that made them look weak and unconcerned about their team. And I can go on and on, the point is, if I return, I don't think my store leadership grew any backbone to keep the team safe. Anyway, I've enjoyed many years at Target but this has turned my opinion of leadership around so much that I may look for another job. Sad.

I took LOA because I am vulnerable to fair poorly if I catch COVID-19 - in fact, sadly, chances are I'd probably die because of chronic heart and lung conditions. I was going to quit but then they offered 30 days paid. Well that is done, and now I am on unpaid LOA. Seems like the 30-days did not last past the peak of this pandemic, not in my state at least. I cannot return to Target right now, not from what I seen before I went on LOA. Our guests had no concern for us whatsoever at all and that could have been easily forecasted and our leadership had no backbone (at first) to ensure our safety. They could have been pioneers, they could have been seen as heroic, but they were afraid of what cooperate would think. Guests first you know, lets make sure they are served quickly so that they can leave saying they had a great experience first before we hinder that with this nonsensical safety measures. A lot of what I suggested in meeting with ETL's they are now doing, but then, it was as if I was overreacting being dumb. I haven't left the house since I went on LOA. I did not understand why my Target store did not seem concerned that their team was at risk and that they needed to do something. I suggested many things but it came across to them as nonsense. They seemed to be waiting for cooperate to give them direction and I thought that made them look weak and unconcerned about their team. And I can go on and on, the point is, if I return, I don't think my store leadership grew any backbone to keep the team safe. Anyway, I've enjoyed many years at Target but this has turned my opinion of leadership around so much that I may look for another job. Sad.
One of the employees was wearing a mask long before this blew up for precautions and was told they could not because it would cause panic. Now you can’t even get into the store without one. Sad that this person was thinking ahead and told they could not protect themselves and now it’s come this. Preventative measures could have stopped this long ago

Back