Archived Locating check lane candy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sr. Human Resources Team Leader
Recently my ETL-GE had the idea to locate the CKLN candy. Do any other stores locate candy? Is it worth back stocking all of the candy just to watch it be pulled in the CAFs?

We have everything back stocked here it's nice because the gstl can just make an ECG batch for what they need and the voila it appears and then on the other hand it starts coming out on all the pulls and it doesn't always get pushed to the check lanes

So there's good and bad with it but I think it's better and easier to just have everything located so you always know what you have and where to find it

We locate checklane candy. It really doesn't pull that much, except in the autofills. There's really no reason not to locate it. Now if we could get someone to work the candy in a reasonable amount of time when it gets here instead of letting it sit for three or four days in three or four three tiers by the last checklane, just working it here and there...that would be nice.

We used to locate it, but now it stays on a cart at the check lanes. Kind of an eye sore, but at least we have more room in the back.

We located it in the stockroom and it was quite convenient.

We locate it. We are heavy into not allowing the lanes to be cluttered up for no reason, and it works well for doing exf batches and for CAFs.

we don't locate it. we work it out as soon as it comes in and it's rare if we don't get it done that day.

I have my team locate it. I use a metro rack with Waco's with a separate aisle number. 99G001A01-75. Divided 4 inch Waco's. When it's pulled my backroom team puts it into a 2 tier next to the metro. When they go on break, they take it to the check lanes.

^ we have a winner! Where do you keep this metro? If it were up to me, backroom aisles would consist only of metros with shelves above.

We locate it. We have a mini-stockroom up at the checklanes with a few sections of boxes and a couple bulk shelves.. It makes it really easy to keep things full since you can go directly to a located box for candy rather than digging through a pile/cart to hopefully find what you need. Keeps things more organized. Not much comes out on the pulls for the candy, either.

..We get almost all of it out right away, and flex things a little if needed. The amount of candy we backstock is very small.

So BR tells you if there are pulls in your stockroom after they've pulled their candy? Does that mess up their pull times if you can't get to it right away?

^ we have a winner! Where do you keep this metro? If it were up to me, backroom aisles would consist only of metros with shelves above.
I keep it at the end of one of the grocery aisles in the backroom. We pull it with grocery. When my team comes/goes from break, they take the pull up and bring the backstock back.

When you first locate it, your accumulator will be royally screwed, so your best bet would be to purge all CL candy, backstock all of it, then SUBT 999 everything you backstock immediately to fix your accumulator. Otherwise, it's going to trigger in your caf pulls for a week.

What do you do with all of the extra that doesn't fit on the lanes?

99% of the time all of it fits at the lanes. We usually don't even have enough to have every lane full. We work on candy every single day. Cashiers will pull from the lanes we don't use to fill their lanes and then when we work candy we start with the most used lanes and then fill back up the lanes we don't use. We have a front end stockroom up front that is rather large (think big enough that it was once a bank and a portrait studio) that was keep all of our supplies in, and we have two carts one for candy and one for gum. The only time those carts really have more than a handful of items on them is when a reset is coming up and we get the candy in early.
Our STL is huge on instocks so we cannot have a single out on any checklanes so our cashiers know that when they don't have guests they are zoning and flexing checklanes. If he walks by and sees an out on a lane that a cashier is just standing at he will pull and coach. It's a bit crazy.

Usually it's just the pre-set candy...but for us, I was working on candy on Sunday, and after 4 totes, we had a cart half full of back stock. It's a bit heavier than usual...but usually we have at least half a three tier full of overstock (and are running out of the popular stuff).

we usually get 9+ totes in twice a week and work most of it out. I wish we had enough to backstock or got another order because by tuesday we are scrambling to have enough to cover the lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back