Archived Locating Items/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kou

I just finished my first day and I kind of forgot which numbers mean what, ie, B14 (4) 2-3-1. Can someone please ID what each number means? Obviously I know B14 is the aisle, but I forget the other ones. Also, my first day I got asked a lot of questions from guests if we sold x item. I have no idea where anything is so I just said it was my first day and I'm not sure.

B14 (4) 2-3-1

B14: Aisle
(4): The section that this particular POG starts on. Count 4 sections from the start of the aisle. 0 means it's on an endcap and 99 is on a sidecap.
2: The second section. So in this case, the product will be five sections from the start of the aisle (1, 2, 3, 4... the POG restarts at 4... 1, 2)
3: The third shelf from the top.
1: The first product on the shelf.

Reactions: ptl
Also, the aisle always starts from the main walkway. Sometimes you'll be counting left to right, sometimes right to left.

Cool. Thanks!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why is the (#) relevant? Couldn't they have created a system of 3 numbers instead of 4? Unless I'm missing something here...

The fourth number could a revision. For example, (4)1-2-4.01. Refer to your learning plan or your trainer for more info. When you see a star(*) on label, means multiple locations of that item. Grey dots mean not in stock. Always remove when filling that location.
Welcome, btw!

Cool. Thanks!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why is the (#) relevant? Couldn't they have created a system of 3 numbers instead of 4? Unless I'm missing something here...

Because the aisle has different planograms on it. So your aisle may have 12' (3 sections) of footballs followed by 12' of baseballs--but in a different store, they have shorter aisles, so they have a 12' section of footballs followed by an 8' section of tennis equipment (and the baseballs go elsewhere). Rather than the company creating a planogram specifically for your store with 12' of footballs and 12' of baseballs, they make a generic 12' football planogram and a generic 12' baseball planogram, so that they can be used in multiple stores. Thus, you need that number in the parentheses to tell you which section of the aisle that particular planogram starts on.

(Oh, and I noticed daninnj said "third shelf from the top" when he meant "third shelf from the bottom" ;))

Thanks for all your guys' help thus far - really helpful. Have a few more questions (sorry for the barrage) and don't want to make a bunch of threads about it so:

1) I was pulling items from the backroom and the PDA asked for 7, when there was a sealed box of 12. I got two different answers from co-workers - one said to just pull all 12, and the other said to just pull 7. So what's the proper way to handle this?

2) Does anyone know the process of LOCU by heart? From what I remembered, you exit of to the main menu, type LOCU, then scan the aisle, scan the item and enter the quantity, then go back to your batches and continue pulling. There is no step in which you type in STO, is that correct?

3) Someone told me to use M-delete in certain instances...but I forget when!

4) I got told by my TL a few times where to put certain items on the tub after I finished pulling - bottom shelf for boxes, top shelf for loose items, tub w/o top shelf for cereal...anything else I should know as far as organization goes?

1) I was pulling items from the backroom and the PDA asked for 7, when there was a sealed box of 12. I got two different answers from co-workers - one said to just pull all 12, and the other said to just pull 7. So what's the proper way to handle this?

Any time that I've pushed CAFs, everything was in an unopened casepack unless it was previously backstocked from a partially stocked casepack. I can't necessarily say whether or not the batch required the whole casepack, but that's what they pulled for me to push.

Rule of thumb in our store - if the PDA asks for a partial amount when you have a full case on the shelf, pull the full case.....it may not all go out, but it can then be backstocked in the open item location instead of the case stock location. Unfortunately, the system doesn't always recognize that the shelf you are pulling from is a case location, no matter how many times you tell it otherwise.

Reactions: ptl
Rule of thumb in our store - if the PDA asks for a partial amount when you have a full case on the shelf, pull the full case.....it may not all go out, but it can then be backstocked in the open item location instead of the case stock location. Unfortunately, the system doesn't always recognize that the shelf you are pulling from is a case location, no matter how many times you tell it otherwise.

Best practice (unless it's changed) is to pull the whole case but only send the requested amount to the floor, immediately backstocking the remainder. I think it makes more sense to do what you've suggested, though, and send the whole case to the floor. Worst case scenario, the extras come back and you end up backstocking them anyway; best case scenario, the accumulator was wrong and the floor actually needed more than the requested amount, a problem which you've now fixed by sending the extras out. (This assumes, of course, that you can trust the team member pushing the pulls not to overstock or hide the extras behind a different item.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back