Archived Lockers in TSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question is regarding the lockers with built-in digital keypad locks: Upon opening a locker using the special key -- which is used when we need to open a locker for which the combination is unknown -- Can the key be used to re-lock the locker and retain the same (unknown) combination?

Ex. Someone's trying to find their purse, and in the process we open a few lockers being used by other team members. Is there a way to re-lock those lockers and retain whatever combo the team members used?

I thought it did do that. We've never had a problem with other team members needing their locker opened after playing locker bingo for someone.

This question is regarding the lockers with built-in digital keypad locks: Upon opening a locker using the special key -- which is used when we need to open a locker for which the combination is unknown -- Can the key be used to re-lock the locker and retain the same (unknown) combination?

Ex. Someone's trying to find their purse, and in the process we open a few lockers being used by other team members. Is there a way to re-lock those lockers and retain whatever combo the team members used?

Ours does

At my old store you needed a quarter and a key. A lot of people took their key home and when I left there was 4 lockers left...

my current store has the Number keypads.

Welcome back Juan!
Thanks. It took me a while to realize you guys moved. Regarding the lockers, I was able to re-lock one today using the electronic key ... We have a rash of team members who constantly forget their locker number/combo.

Last yr they replaced our quarter-fed lockers with the digital ones. They were great...at first. Now the batteries are dying & the key doesn't work on those so folks started using a prybar or screwdriver. Our SFT doesn't have time to replace them since he's split between 2 stores.

digital lockers? we have keys lol

^ Same here.

Mmmm, you guys fancy.

At my old store you needed a quarter and a key. A lot of people took their key home and when I left there was 4 lockers left...

my current store has the Number keypads.

Looks like several of us still have the quarter/key type lockers. I helped in the grand opening of a store several years ago & was impressed with the new lockers, as well as many other things our store still doesn't have.

AsAdvertized, we had that issue also of people taking their keys home. Our HR posted a note that we needed all the lockers as the team was growing due to the holiday season. We were NOT to take the keys home so others could use the lockers.They were going to open each of the lockers to make sure they were in use.

The digital ones open after 12 hrs. We found someone's groc stowed in 2.

Now the batteries are dying & the key doesn't work on those so folks started using a prybar or screwdriver.
Actually, almost anyone can pry one open with just their hands. The locks are more for privacy than security.

I try to get the same locker number. Sometimes though, the locker doesn't want to open even though I use the same combination and type it in slowly each time.

Then I have to track someone down to open it.

The digital ones open after 12 hrs. We found someone's groc stowed in 2.

A couple of years ago, we were having an issue with fruit flies at the lockers. We have the digital ones that are supposed to open after 12. They seemed to be coming from the one under mine. This was going on for days. So my etl-hr got the key and opened it. It was a box of those cuties that had been in there for so lon that they had turned black!:eek: The locker had never popped open like it was supposed to. We don't know why they were in there so long. We got a very brave tm (not me lol) to put on gloves and clean it out. My etl-hr just went back in her office. She didn't want to watch and neither did I.

I try to get the same locker number. Sometimes though, the locker doesn't want to open even though I use the same combination and type it in slowly each time.
Uh oh, maybe I'm being too tough on TMs when they ask me to open their locker. I just assumed they forgot their combo. There's often a language barrier with the morning crew so I can't really find out what happened. Oh well, maybe the locks are just cheap pieces of crap!

If your locker is stuffed full & pressing against the door, you may need to push it in to take the pressure off the lock bolt while entering in the combination.
When the battery is low, it makes a little beeping noise after you lock/unlock it (4 beeps). You may have to wait a bit to try it or get the prybar. Folks at our store try them first before using them to see if they're low or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back