TSC in backroom?

I was wondering how moving TSC to the backroom looks/ works like? I just can’t seem to wrap my head around it and how it works. The Target i work at is supposed to get that remodel around February and i wanted to know what i was supposed to be expecting from it. Thank you in advance for any information on the remodel!

I was wondering how moving TSC to the backroom looks/ works like? I just can’t seem to wrap my head around it and how it works. The Target i work at is supposed to get that remodel around February and i wanted to know what i was supposed to be expecting from it. Thank you in advance for any information on the remodel!
My store did this recently. I honestly thing its a much better use of space in TSC. Everything is MUCH smaller. This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• TSC.png
    TSC.png
    89 KB · Views: 99
Ours is laid out a little differently but very similar. I personally don't like it. When its Nov - Dec we'll all be shoulder-to-shoulder in the break room. If you want to buy something to eat you're clocking out, walking to the front, walking back to the back, being asked questions by guests the entire time (I used to answer if it was quick, now that I'm losing almost half a break I ignore. Our SD backs us up if they complain). Even if it's just the walk and waiting in line it's 10 minutes of your break you'll never get back.

This is just me griping. I don't buy lunch often. It's just irritating.

It is terrible! Much less space and the break room is smaller. TLs don’t have any desks and ETLs have cramped desks. The TSC Desk is a joke as well. I understand why they did it though, but mine could’ve been executed better imo.

I've seen 3 different stores that have gone through this remodel. All of the break rooms I have seen are much bigger than the old ones.

In order to make space in the backroom for this area they take down light duty shelving and replace some with shelving that can move and collapse, but all in all you do lose some space in the backroom. However I have seen that some backstock is moved up into the OPU area.

One of the stores I've seen has a separate HR area where the HR office is and has a clerical area and a time clock. It's up in the front of the store in the 239 hallway.

Each store will be unique depending on how it's laid out.

Also I think that the smaller TL office area and the removal of individual offices is a good thing. ETL and TL don't need their own office, they just use to to hold junk and take their lunches which should be in the break room.

Back