LOD's and ETL's are horrible (venting)

I love target but when my Leaders aren't fair it really makes every one's morale LOW😟. ATTITUDE REFLECT LEADERSHIP. church
This post hits me a little different. I'm one of those TMs that is considered a favorite, being treated with favoritism, etc. I understand it. I did get TM of the month and am asked to do special tasks that other TMs aren't asked to do. But I work my butt off. I rarely stand still and never do what is expected of me. I try to do more most days. If you want anything, at target, or in this world, you have to goi after it.
You got a foot in the door, shouldn't anyone who shows those qualities be able to assume the same role or treated the same?

Is there a book of crimes and punishment for Tm's. Just so all TMs can be aware of repercussions for unethical behaviors at work. It would be helpful to feel like all TMs wrong doings are handled equally . If 2 TMs have the same misconduct that they will have the same outcome. It should be that way and if it's not we should be able to APPEAL. Come on, fairness in the work place is vital. .

Is there a book of crimes and punishment for Tm's. Just so all TMs can be aware of repercussions for unethical behaviors at work. It would be helpful to feel like all TMs wrong doings are handled equally . If 2 TMs have the same misconduct that they will have the same outcome. It should be that way and if it's not we should be able to APPEAL. Come on, fairness in the work place is vital. .
Um, make up your mind. Fair or equal. They aren't the same. Pick one and run with it and admit it often will place an "un" in front of the other concept.

I've said this here before but I'll put it here again for good measure.

Life isn't fair. The workforce isn't fair. Your ethic and ability are important but almost entirely secondary to your soft skills. Want to get promoted (anywhere, not just target), then people need to like you.

Good soft skills = promotions. It's universally true because it's human nature. Quit wasting your time lamenting about it and start using your soft skills to get yourself promoted.

I've said this here before but I'll put it here again for good measure.

Life isn't fair. The workforce isn't fair. Your ethic and ability are important but almost entirely secondary to your soft skills. Want to get promoted (anywhere, not just target), then people need to like you.

Good soft skills = promotions. It's universally true because it's human nature. Quit wasting your time lamenting about it and start using your soft skills to get yourself promoted
Where because I been at it for 4 years now and no body has said anything along the lines of promotion. I mean what are the requirements.....? Am I headed in the wrong direction?

Where because I been at it for 4 years now and no body has said anything along the lines of promotion. I mean what are the requirements.....? Am I headed in the wrong direction?
I did it for 3 years almost 4, then we lost a couple tls and boom ive been a tl for 9 months now. Never had an interview just got brought in and offered the job.
I have voiced my opinion many times that it does take too long and they do take advantage of higher performing tms that want to get promoted.

Did you tell your boss you want to be promoted?

I had at one point four people working for me that could have easily promoted and not one of them wanted to be promoted.

When it comes to moving up:

How hard you work = important.
How hard you work to make people identify and like you = more important.

Promotions are decisions made by people. People have a hard time being objective, emotion is always a part of decisions. There are a lot of good workers. Your perception in the eyes of the person making the decision is what drives the ultimate outcome.

If I was full of bullshit, I'd hope someone would tell me I'm full of bullshit, so I'd self correct and not double down on the nonsense.

Do you want an equal beginning, regardless of circumstances or intent or history, to guarantee an unequal ending? Or do you plan for an unequal beginning taking all that into account so the end is equal? Can't have both, no equal beginning will end in an equal outcome.

Last edited:
Back