Answered Lost: What are one-for-ones?

I'm fairly new to Target and know (from observation) that team members are supposed to do their pulls (another name for one-for-ones maybe?) before they start pushing. What are one-for-ones? Why do we do them if we're going to fill the floor anyways with your daily push? How do you access your one-for-ones? Help! I feel like this is basic, important information my store has failed to provide me any training and knowledge in. Thanks in advance!

Yes, one for ones are the same as pulls. You need to complete them first because of the first-in-first-out method of selling product. This is especially important in food areas so you sell through the items that will become outdated first. It is called a one for one because if you sell one item, you pull one item; sell three items, pull three items.

One for ones are accessed using the Zebra. Currently there are two ways to access them using different apps. Ask a fellow TM (or your TL) at your store for assistance in how to accomplish this task. I know some stores are still using myWork while others have switched to myDay.

One for ones are generated by what has been purchased throughout the day. So say your shelf location holds 10 bottles of shampoo and you sold 4 today. The system will attempt to fill that to capacity through the OFO which used to be called a "manual computer automated fill (mancaf)". It will check backroom location and if you have 4 that is what your batch will ask you to pull. If you have only 2 that's what you'll pull. There's no guarantee that those same exact bottles of shampoo will be on your truck.

Also, when the RDC truck is acknowledged (basically telling the system the merch has been received,) items coming in that day will not come out on your OFOs unless your capacity need is higher than your back stock and received product.

Back