Archived Lots of training over the next few weeks for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted in the introductions thread recently, that I started in October and was already getting trained in other areas and learning new things constantly and today one of my ETL's went over a specialized learning plan with me.

As excited as I am to learn more, it looks so daunting. He told me it should all fit in 2-3 weeks but there was alot. He told id be learning signing, presentation, a more in depth instocks, getting backroom certified + learning pulls, how to process (mirrors?) or something to do with the recalled items etc, id be going over some AP stuff (mostly to do with cosmetics, since cosmetics is my area now), more plano stuff and more. It is literally a bit of everything in the store pretty much, and some of it ive already dabbled in.... Ive set up some signing, helped plano and shoot instocks every weds too. And they told me in the new sales floor team trainer. Since im the cosmetics brand TM too im going to be partnering with the presentation and plano TL to help her reset it all soon which should be fun :p

When I first started i was pretty unhappy with the menial softlines zoning, but as ive been learning more and moving to new areas now on the rare occasion im back in softlines it doesnt seem so bad :p

Just wish With ALL this new stuff there came a pay rise, but 7.25 an hour shall have to do for now lol. Hoping come review time I get a nice one. One of my other ETL's told me all this was to try get me ready for a team lead position but there are none that I am aware of open, but i know with target the more you learn and the more eager you are to learn the faster you progress upwards :D

So it shall be a busy few weeks for me, just hope I remember it all, and ask lots of question if needed lol.

Last edited:
it's not mirrors - it's MIR's - cannot remember the exact breakdown of the term - but they are items that have to be returned to the vendors within a specific time period. Sometimes the items can be destroyed. The key is making sure that all the items are removed from the store by the due date. We have a totally awesome receiving team member who literally handles the entire process start to finish.

manufacturer ________ recall???

Last edited:
please keep asking questions - it's the best way to learn. Sometimes a process just doesn't make sense, but with time, you will get it. Be patient - you will do fine!

Manufacturer Initiated Returns. That's what I have heard it called before. Example, if you work in MMB, was the MIR that is happening for the new Tyga CD. Status was Recall and there will be an MIR online for it.

Sounds like you'll be busy, but that's good! Always ask questions if you don't know - don't assume. :) I wish my store was as great about learning new areas as yours is. At mine they think, "Oh, you just know fitting room...so you'll be fitting room FOREVER!!" until you threaten to quit. ;)

it's not mirrors - it's MIR's - cannot remember the exact breakdown of the term - but they are items that have to be returned to the vendors within a specific time period. Sometimes the items can be destroyed. The key is making sure that all the items are removed from the store by the due date. We have a totally awesome receiving team member who literally handles the entire process start to finish.

manufacturer ________ recall???

Thats the ones. We have an awesome receiving guy too, he actually helped get me the job to begin with, one of my hubbys best friends. He normally does them all, but one of the ETLs wants me to learn how to do them too, guess ease his workload? i dunno.

Sounds like you'll be busy, but that's good! Always ask questions if you don't know - don't assume. :) I wish my store was as great about learning new areas as yours is. At mine they think, "Oh, you just know fitting room...so you'll be fitting room FOREVER!!" until you threaten to quit. ;)

Its like that at our store too mostly, but ive been so eager about learning more and training because I know thats how you move up at target. Some of the other sales floor TM's who have been there longer than I, have been muttering about how its not fair that im getting more day shifts and moving up before them, but they never speak up, never ask questions so I don't feel bad. Ive literally walked up on some of my fellow TM's and saying its favoritism and not fair but that BS .... yes im friendly, and get on with everyone (ETL's included) but I also bust my ass and am always running working as hard as I can, so Im not too fussed about what they think :)

Last edited:
For other spot terms, ck out sticky at the top.

Yeah I have been trying to remember all the terminology, but I just feel ive been so inundated with information lately its getting a bit jumbled up haha, Ill have to check out the sticky :)

LOL! Setting cosmetics fun? LOL! Bring your rubber gloves, scrub brush and ...*sigh* useless Hydrox. Cosmetics is all about cleaning that goop off shelves and trying to decipher the planograms........

hate hate hate cosmetics....sooo messy!

Targetmiss, learn other workcenters including costmetics, it can lead to more hours for you!

I already am the new cosmetics brand TM ... Took this on about 5 weeks ago when the lady doing it quit, I really enjoy it I have to say, its like my little baby :D

Checked my hours for the week after next.... im scheduled 49 !!!!! I know i'll get cut back to 40 probably, but I saw it and was like omg haha, I know they are trying to squeeze all my training into 2 weeks but thats just intense haha

In general hours havent been a problem lately though, ive been scheduled about 25-30 but the last 3 weeks I got 39.5 due to being asked to stay over pretty much every day lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back