• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

So I just got a batch of refurbished LPDAs back the other day, and was in the process of configuring them all... On one LPDA I cannot get past the Boot Screen...

It says:

"Booting System..."
"Close battery door."

And will not go any further, even after cold boots, etc. Obviously I have the battery cover on, and the battery secure in place, so I am kinda baffled by this. I mean its supposed to be a working LPDA ? :/

Any equipment pros here able to help, or should I just ship this one back out?

So I just got a batch of refurbished LPDAs back the other day, and was in the process of configuring them all... On one LPDA I cannot get past the Boot Screen...

It says:

"Booting System..."
"Close battery door."

And will not go any further, even after cold boots, etc. Obviously I have the battery cover on, and the battery secure in place, so I am kinda baffled by this. I mean its supposed to be a working LPDA ? :/

Any equipment pros here able to help, or should I just ship this one back out?

This happen to me once, I called the help desk and they walked me through rebooting the LPDA a different way that I've never heard of. It was like, holding the power button, 1 and 9 and holding the yellow laser button. I am not sure though, give them a call and they probably could help you out. "701" on speed dial!

Go to the computer, that has mobile pro with cradle. Then, go to the prompts, should resolve the problem. Also, doing a cold boot, put PDA in charging cradle, that may work too.

This happen to me once, I called the help desk and they walked me through rebooting the LPDA a different way that I've never heard of. It was like, holding the power button, 1 and 9 and holding the yellow laser button. I am not sure though, give them a call and they probably could help you out. "701" on speed dial!

Cold Boot on the LPDA is holding down 1, 9, and the power button.

Was the battery door open?

:hang1:

Was the battery door open?

:hang1:

If the LPDA has been dropped on its battery door too many times sometimes they do this... I put a piece of small cardboard inside the door against the battery so it holds to battery closer to the LPDA itself... There is some sort of sensor that knows the battery isn't being held tightly enough in its spot that keeps it from booting....

I tried using the cradle and all that. Going to try a few suggestions here though, thanks guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back