I'm Lost! Major questions about Cashier!!!!

I have a couple of questions to ask. I have started my first day last week and I have a couple of questions to ask about something.

1. I understand that all team members have to get training for the cashier in case of backup because of a lot of customers. However, I have heard that even if you are a team member that has been called up to do the cashier, you can tell them that you don't actually feel comfortable with doing the register and they will understand that and leave you alone. I am not trying to sound like a complete fool but I really just wanted to know if this is actually true.

2. I have heard that it is possible that you can actually request to get more training on the cashier if you want to improve on the cashier. Is that true even though if you have went through training on your first day?? I am working on the sales floor and I think I might not be good on the register. I know its a stupid question but I wanted to improve and not mess up.

3. Which will be the hardest area to cross train in: the stockroom, the electronics section, or the cashier??? I wanted to explore more areas and improve...

4. If it is possible to get more training on the cashier, how do I request it even though my job position is to be on the sales floor (general merchandise), not the cashier????

5. If I decided to quit during the seasonal position during my 90 days, will I be labeled as non-rehireable even if I put in my two weeks notice???

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions to ask. I have started my first day last week and I have a couple of questions to ask about something.

1. I understand that all team members have to get training for the cashier in case of backup because of a lot of customers. However, I have heard that even if you are a team member that has been called up to do the cashier, you can tell them that you don't actually feel comfortable with doing the register and they will understand that and leave you alone. I am not trying to sound like a complete fool but I really just wanted to know if this is actually true.

2. I have heard that it is possible that you can actually request to get more training on the cashier if you want to improve on the cashier. Is that true even though if you have went through training on your first day?? I am working on the sales floor and I think I might not be good on the register. I know its a stupid question but I wanted to improve and not mess up.

3. Which will be the hardest area to cross train in: the backroom, the electronics section, or the cashier??? I wanted to explore more areas and improve...
1 is false . Unless you have a doctor note saying you suffer from anxiety and what not , you will have to back up
2 yes you can as ask for more training
3 what Backroom? All areas seems simple to me

3. Which will be the hardest area to cross train in: the stockroom, the electronics section, or the cashier??? I wanted to explore more areas and improve...

4. If it is possible to get more training on the cashier, how do I request it even though my job position is to be on the sales floor (general merchandise), not the cashier????

5. If I decided to quit during the seasonal position during my 90 days, will I be labeled as non-rehireable even if I put in my two weeks notice???

Everyone gets trained on register if you are trained on sales floor as part of the target policy however some departments are no required to go up as constant as other. For example a GM might be called up more often than someone from Market or Beauty just cause of there workload and product on on floor. Cashiering is one of the easiest things to learn but by far the most annoying and repetitive job if you are hired as just that, making it one of the easier jobs. Stockroom isn’t to bad but it’s a rushed job because you have to do a lot of backstock and pulls in a certain amount of time so that product can be pushed out as soon as possible. Electronics isn’t to bad but I wouldn’t say it would be more difficult job for most individuals just because of the fact that sometimes your workload and guest can really tire you out. Also as electronics there’s a lot of tasks and push that has to be done by certain time. If you quit under seasonal you can still get hired back but it’s going to look bad on your end because of the fact that you couldn’t even make it past seasonal, the season is about less that 2 months. So it’s better if you just wait it out. If they don’t keep you past seasons then your good, if they do then just simply wait past the 90 days then quit. If you get kept on past seasonal and then later on quit but get hired back before a year of quoting you can actually get hired back on as non seasonal team member.

Back