Archived Male ETLs - what do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who always loved the ETL's who busted their ass getting dirty its really not their job too. If they are good at their job they have trained a superstar team and oversee them. That being said I see nothing wrong with the ETL looking nice every day. If you were a customer with a complaint who are you going to take more seriously? A well dressed person or someone who is all dirty and sweaty? They are going to think you are someone with no power and not accept your word.
I went to a store a few weeks ago to watch there truck process and their ETL-LOG didn't touch one thing if freight but they still came clean before everyone left. I was beyond impressed, all she did was make laps and continuously follow up with the team.

I went to a store a few weeks ago to watch there truck process and their ETL-LOG didn't touch one thing if freight but they still came clean before everyone left. I was beyond impressed, all she did was make laps and continuously follow up with the team.
Same with our etl log he does laps all day but team is good and he's a vet

What are everyone's thoughts on pants and shoes? My LOD pants are haggar niceish, but I don't really like my shoes selection.

Same with our etl log he does laps all day but team is good and he's a vet

Its a fine balance. I think of logistics as ice curling. You get the block started by throwing it really hard at the beginning (staying with the team and getting their momentum from unload to the start of their wave), and once the pace is set you have to run ahead and sweep the ice for them (get the next area bowled, set up cages, organize flats for backstock or multi locs etc) and then run back behind a bit and help them wrap up and kick them ahead to next area over and over again until you finish!

What are everyone's thoughts on pants and shoes? My LOD pants are haggar niceish, but I don't really like my shoes selection.
Khaki colored Levi's 514s for pants, Johnston & Murphys for shoes (and either a polo or a button-up with sleeves rolled up.) It's a good balance of stylish/dressy yet comfortable/practical enough to get shit done in.

Its a fine balance. I think of logistics as ice curling. You get the block started by throwing it really hard at the beginning (staying with the team and getting their momentum from unload to the start of their wave), and once the pace is set you have to run ahead and sweep the ice for them (get the next area bowled, set up cages, organize flats for backstock or multi locs etc) and then run back behind a bit and help them wrap up and kick them ahead to next area over and over again until you finish!
To me I think if you have a great Flow TL and one strong flow TM that knows what they're doing then you won't have to do any of that and just continue to oversee flow and make the laps and validate areas and true backstock before they try to dump it on the BRTMs

On the shoe recommendation, I'd recommend something more like a the 1000 mile boot or a nice RedWing. It's enough to look dressy, while still being comfortable and probably lasting you a lifetime. It's a huge investment, but if you're going to drop a good amount of money on shoes either way, get something you're not going to have to replace every year saves you in the long run. Brown looks great with khaki!

50f4ec147586fm.jpg

bb5419af_img56373435.jpeg

Our ETL's don't dress up. One only wears the volunteer shirts. She is the ETL LOG. I thought for a long time that she was a flow team member :oops:.

Our ETL's don't dress up. One only wears the volunteer shirts. She is the ETL LOG. I thought for a long time that she was a flow team member :oops:.
Our GVP actually pulled an ETL to the side and asked them why they didn't feel the need to dress more professionally...he quoted him as saying "Do I not pay you enough to dress like a professional when you come to work, especially on a day you come to work knowing i'll be here to do a visit"

Our GVP actually pulled an ETL to the side and asked them why they didn't feel the need to dress more professionally...he quoted him as saying "Do I not pay you enough to dress like a professional when you come to work, especially on a day you come to work knowing i'll be here to do a visit"
OUCH

Harsh.

Was it the ETL LOG, because ours usually wore what most of the team wore knowing he was going to get filthy right along with them.
I mean, it was usually a polo shirt and khakis, but he wore steel toe boots and was usually grubby by the end of his shift.

Was it the ETL LOG, because ours usually wore what most of the team wore knowing he was going to get filthy right along with them.
I mean, it was usually a polo shirt and khakis, but he wore steel toe boots and was usually grubby by the end of his shift.
ETL-LOG....but still when a visit that big is coming and it's ANNOUNCED lol....I'd get the best red button down and nicest slacks I could find then change when I heard they were on the way. It was the operations director PMT director, HR director, and AP director. My GVP is strictly business when it comes to store walks. He said when he first started for Target he was a cart attendant then left for school and only working during seasonal times, came back as a TL, then started climbing. He holds leadership accountable for EVERYTHING (which should be the case) and said the guest should always be able to differentiate an ETL from a TM

A shirt that says "I'm a lazy asshole" on the front and "I'm not going to help you" on the back

Last edited:

I've always gone for Sketchers Casuals Sneakers. They are light on the feet and pretty comfortable. They are similar to running shoes, but are khaki/tan colored. Always used them in my time in retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back