Archived Male ETLs - what do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calinstocks

GSTL, Bay Area
Hi all,

I'm getting a bit tired of wearing a button down every day. I'd love to wear a red blazer over a black or white top like many women in leadership do, but I don't know if that would look the same on us. What are your go-tos?

At my store it's mainly polos, but one ETL just wears t-shirts unless something of importance is going on. I have not seen a single male ETL wear a button down, including our DTL.

Pff, our ETLs are not fancy. Having said that, I do think it looks good. Just look up "men's buisness casual," and translate those looks into red. Polo t-shirts are great as long as you tuck them in.

Our one male ETL wears a button down every single day. Meanwhile, all the women ETLs are going full fashion friday on their outfits lol

I have never claimed to be a fashion icon but a red blazer? The two male etls we have in our building usually wear polos. Sometimes they will wear a button down. Two of the male senior tls we have often wear T shirts.

Wow, did not know ETLs could wear tshirts! That's unheard of at my store. The minimum is definitely a NICE looking red polo, the standard is a red button down. All the women, seriously, wear cute red blazers and it looks really good. Maybe I'll just change it up and do polos since there doesn't seem to be another option..

We have 4 male etls in our store. One is the log so it's just a red t shirt. The other 3 usually wear polos or red t shirts unless there's a visit then they wear button up shirts but as soon as that visit is over back to tshirts

Under Armour makes a collared shirt out of that athletic type material. Easy to wash and looks professional.

Wow, did not know ETLs could wear tshirts! That's unheard of at my store. The minimum is definitely a NICE looking red polo, the standard is a red button down. All the women, seriously, wear cute red blazers and it looks really good. Maybe I'll just change it up and do polos since there doesn't seem to be another option..
Generally you can probably only get away with a tshirt if you're in logistics.

Our ETLs and SrTLs wear plaid button down shirts sometimes.

My ETL-AP always wears a tucked polo unless it's blistering hot. My ETL-GE always wears the Target Volunteer t-shirt.

The male exempts at my store usually wear a red polo or button-down, or rarely a brand t-shirt. Except the ETL-Log, who doesn't even wear red and khaki now that his process is overnight again.

I wear a polo every day unless it's a visit, then I will wear a button down. I wear T-Shirts if I cover for my LOG and run the truck. LOG wears Polos untucked and usually with grease stains and holes unless we have a visit. The GE wears dress shirts of all colors and puts a red cardigan on and calls it red and khaki. A lot of males wear sweater vests and cardigans over other colored shirts, I've never been one for that style.

Sounds like a bunch of the female ETLs who don't do real work... If I had peers that showed up in a blazer I would say, "You better be going to a recruiting event, because if you are in the store you need to change and actually help me out today"...

I'm having a visit from the GVP, HR Director, Operations Director, VM Director, and AP Director o_O.....so I'm trying to decide what to wear to say yes I'm working but I dressed up for the occasion LOL

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_bxbng5tfvvw4ksw048gk040oo_1280.jpg.jpg

Finally, an interesting thread lol. Yea I think the blazer is a bit....tacky. Obviously, the red polo is my go-to as an ETL. I wear a lot of golf polos: Nike, Under Armour, etc. and your name tag is large enough to cover up any logos. I guess your STL would matter, but I also wear subtly striped shirts. Lastly, I wear a fleece when it gets a little cooler in the fall: Tiger Woods' line is my favorite and they're so comfy.

I know for your pants, you can't do much. I wear normal khakis from Dockers and similar brands. I have gotten away with wearing khaki colored denim as well. My favorite pair of pants are my Under Armour golf pants - sooooo comfy and yes they are very khaki lol.

Sorry for the rant, pretty big on fashion myself. BUT do us all a favor and not wear a red blazer haha. If you're the dressy type maybe something like a red v neck sweater with a white or black button up underneath.

Hope this helps

I'm having a visit from the GVP, HR Director, Operations Director, VM Director, and AP Director o_O.....so I'm trying to decide what to wear to say yes I'm working but I dressed up for the occasion LOL
Jeezus.
Any way, my ETL routinely wears the red target t-shirts, but he also wears red pull over knit sweaters, classy button-downs, and polos. They're always tucked in though, and he wears dress shoes and nice khakis unless we're doing overnight camera moves, then it's boots.
The other male ETL's we've had all wore red polos, even the ETL-Logs.

As someone who always loved the ETL's who busted their ass getting dirty its really not their job too. If they are good at their job they have trained a superstar team and oversee them. That being said I see nothing wrong with the ETL looking nice every day. If you were a customer with a complaint who are you going to take more seriously? A well dressed person or someone who is all dirty and sweaty? They are going to think you are someone with no power and not accept your word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back