Archived Management at my store never helps with guest first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally about 2 dozen people backed up and we have 2-3 "management" pointing fingers and asking, on the walkie, for the non-existent floor personnel to come up instead if being on a register themselves.

Why is this allowed? And I can't go to HR because it's the HR ETL that does the sitting around doing nothing.

And I keep hearing/reading that the integrity hotline gets used against team members. So anyone know what I can do??

Technically if you file a complaint through the integrity hotline you can do without giving your name so you can always deny it was you

Seriously, this is not something you want to use the Hotline for.
It is for major events when you've gone through the normal channels and they've done nothing.
Something like this is management style and isn't something they will follow up on unless the store is hopelessly red.
It's annoying as hell, I understand that but really there's not much you can do about it except to vent and hope you get a new STL who will crack down.

It's not quite this bad at my store.

What cracks me up is the hysterics they, management, go into when a BP (or whatever other stupid acronym they are using) come to the store. Clean!!! Zone!!!!

Yeah, guests first. The etls and STL would trample any little old lady between them and the dtl. And not look back. And wonder what shit is on the soles of their shoes later.

Wow. At my store, they at least offer to watch the lanes while the GSTL/GSA jumps on a lane. The only time any of the ETLs jump on a lane is when the STL makes them. My ETL-GE helps out at the service desk though if they need help.

My ETLs were the same until they became obsessed with getting our store out of the red. Now they hop on at least once per shift. Sometimes I see them up there for half an hour, carrying on frantic meaningless small talk and reciting info about the cartwheel app. They never get any redcards though. Huh, not so easy, is it?

On a few occasions where we were absolutely slammed, I've seen all but 2 of my ETLs (including STL) hop on lanes.
I may complain about 'em on some things but pitching in would seldom be one of them.

My ETLs were the same until they became obsessed with getting our store out of the red. Now they hop on at least once per shift. Sometimes I see them up there for half an hour, carrying on frantic meaningless small talk and reciting info about the cartwheel app. They never get any redcards though. Huh, not so easy, is it?
The last etl we fired was magic at getting them from older ladies. The ones who normally complain that we "always ask". He's go to backup, get a Redcard and then give us crap about not doing the same...But in a fun way. Geez I miss him.

GIF-what-Steve-Carell-The-Office-GIF.gif

If we have a mad rush anyone around is fair game for the register. Hell, even my STL goes up there to help out. That's why we're over 5% in sales year over year. Usually the morning are OK with 3 on but weekends get a little nuts.

At my store the STL will occasionally get on the register to help. However, the ETL-GE, hardly at all. When the
ETL-GE is working she is hardly by the front end at all. Is that typical? I mean she is in charge of the front end.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can really do, Funny Butt. (I had to double check the OP's name after typing that sentence.) ETL's cycle out every 18 months or so... maybe in a couple months you'll get one who cares more about the front end?

At my store, the STL, ETL-GE and ETL-HR are all very good about backup cashiering. I just hate when they try to back up at Service Desk, because none of the ETL's really know what they're doing over there.

I think it boils down to store culture. Some stores in my district have a very hands off approach with etls, and they won't touch a register or look directly at anyone below a gsa/pa. My store, our etls are expected by the stl to hop on a register to help out. My store, like a lot of others, has issues with salesfloor and softlines not wanting to respond for backup so it's a lead by example deal.

Our STL usually backs up a few times a week. The only time I see an ETL backing up is if the STL is doing it though.

The TLs are great about it and the SrTLs on LOD shifts will usually offer to watch the lanes so the GSTL can jump on.

Seriously, this is not something you want to use the Hotline for.
It is for major events when you've gone through the normal channels and they've done nothing.
Something like this is management style and isn't something they will follow up on unless the store is hopelessly red.
It's annoying as hell, I understand that but really there's not much you can do about it except to vent and hope you get a new STL who will crack down.

Well the thing is we are constantly red. Always in the bottom half of our district when it comes to guest satisfaction at the front lanes.

The only time the "leaders" help is when the STL is there. I recently watched the HR-ETL and the soft lines TL sit over in B block gossiping for over an hour while the GSA called for help numerous times.

Our ETL's, STL, and even DTL are legit. Our DTL has gone out in the rain to get carts or help with a carryout. Every ETL and our STL have hopped on for backup, helped at guest services, etc. Our STL will frequently be the first to respond to a spill call. I offer to get on a register and their response is always "you're a GSA/GSTL - it is your job to watch and support the front end". Our STL has admitted that he sucks at speed weaving and would rather help on a register than do what we do (speed weaving, complaints, price checks, change fund, calling for carry out, etc.).

My STL will spend ten minutes asking for back up. Never seen her on a lane. No ETL's except for one will get on a lane. In their defense, they're usually busy fixing their own, or their team's fuck ups.

This is something that is exuberantly frustrating to me because it's very similar to our store. The ETLs wil sit there and freak out about backup, but most of them won't jump on, even though they're standing right there at the check lanes. They're always on the cashiers about getting RedCards, but you rarely see them jump on and will, instead, bug Softlines/Hardlines for help. It's annoying. The GSTLs/GSAs do the same thing most of the time as well. One of them will occasionally jump on, one of them will always jump on and another one will instead call for backup and not jump on (I swear she called for backup every ten minutes Saturday).

There was the this one instance where I'm back in seasonal -- the complete opposite end of the store -- and HR calls be by name to come up for backup (even though there were people closer). I told her I was far away but she wanted me to come up there anyway. I go up there and she's standing directly beside the lanes and guests are looking at her with this puzzled look. How does it make our guests feel when they see a manager or TL standing right beside the lanes when there's a massive line of backup? She could have easily jumped on but elected to call me instead, which was frustrating (I've seen her on the lanes no more than 3 times in my almost 2 years there). She doesn't do shit basically, but will constantly bug us. With all the other stuff she's done (calling TMs derogatory names, spouting TMs personal business to other TMs, being investigated by Target for some stuff, etc), I have no idea how she still has a job there. I guess she has scandalous pictures of higher-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back