Archived manual pulls at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my store is testing manual pulls at night, they have two team members coming in for five hours to pull manuals... anyone else doing this? i was told only a small percentage of stores were chosen to try it out. seems burdensome. i heard the manual pulls, pull extremely heavy. talked to a few people today, and no one seemed to know who would be pushing the pulls. just seems like it might be a bit of a cluster for a while. opinions??

We did it for awhile. The only thing it does is alleviate the autofills in the morning. The trigger point for a scheduled CAF is much lower than a Manual CAF. I don't know who was pushing them at my store.. I believe it was whoever pulled them. (You don't do manuals for every fillgroup, just the heavy ones.. HB0, Grocery, Chem, paper.. during the holiday season it will be toys.)

When we did the pull segmentation pilot, our "7:00 CAFs" were manuals for grocery and paper.

We try to make sure our BR closer does manuals for core departments, especially before a truck. Depending on how many POGs are in the system/price change workload, they can typically pull Chem/HBA/Pharm/PAPR. Grocery if they're lucky. That way open stock gets purged from the back and casepacks from the truck can go directly to the backroom...works especially well if you're not a push all store.

Before a FDC truck we try to do manuals in Dairy/Freezer/Deli. Manuals for Pro don't work out too well since the triggers/capacities for fresh produce are always screwed up. Same thing with BAKE/MTCL/MTFZ

The manuals are treated like autofill. Casepacks are bowled out with the truck and you have your first wave of pushers start on the autofill. Some stores have 1 person dedicated just to pushing open stock. They push the autofill as well when it comes out...typically it'll take one person about 3 hours to push openstock.

It's a good system that gets more product to the floor. Honestly, I think a good chunk of Targets In-Stocks issues could be solved with having more time dedicated towards manual cafs/purging the backroom. It resets a lot of processes....gets BRTM's to interact with locations that might not have been touched in months...finding ghosts/baffles. If your pushers are good, it allows them to push product that might not get pushed often, finding zoning errors. Getting product out of the backroom makes the In-Stocks workload easier as well. It gets product moving, and when product moves, things get fixed.

We try to make sure our BR closer does manuals for core departments, especially before a truck. Depending on how many POGs are in the system/price change workload, they can typically pull Chem/HBA/Pharm/PAPR. Grocery if they're lucky. That way open stock gets purged from the back and casepacks from the truck can go directly to the backroom...works especially well if you're not a push all store.

Before a FDC truck we try to do manuals in Dairy/Freezer/Deli. Manuals for Pro don't work out too well since the triggers/capacities for fresh produce are always screwed up. Same thing with BAKE/MTCL/MTFZ

The manuals are treated like autofill. Casepacks are bowled out with the truck and you have your first wave of pushers start on the autofill. Some stores have 1 person dedicated just to pushing open stock. They push the autofill as well when it comes out...typically it'll take one person about 3 hours to push openstock.

It's a good system that gets more product to the floor. Honestly, I think a good chunk of Targets In-Stocks issues could be solved with having more time dedicated towards manual cafs/purging the backroom. It resets a lot of processes....gets BRTM's to interact with locations that might not have been touched in months...finding ghosts/baffles. If your pushers are good, it allows them to push product that might not get pushed often, finding zoning errors. Getting product out of the backroom makes the In-Stocks workload easier as well. It gets product moving, and when product moves, things get fixed.

i actually work on instocks, and have been asking if we could be in charge of manuals. pulling and pushing them. it seriously would make the store more full, backroom not as full, and morning pulls lighter... idk why they aren't implemented more seriously.

i was also thinking of asking for a small team of people to do this, especially during the fourth quarter. maybe two pullers and two pushers. or just two pullers that are also good at pushing... if i were given five hours and another good tm i know we could knock out some heavy ones like chem, papr, and a few others. who do you all think i should talk to, to try and make this a thing?

I am a PA and Open often in PFresh, we are a PFAB (lol) Pilot store, and I have started making a habit of shooting EXFs to fill (Produce/Meat specifically), while doing the cull in the morning. Not only to fill the floor, but to go through product I suspect is bad as we have excessive on hands or I know I haven't ordered in awhile.

I also have suspected that this GREATLY reduces the size of our produce/fresh meat pulls for the entire day. People with more BR experience might be able to tell me why?

BigEyedPhish said:
I am a PA and Open often in PFresh, we are a PFAB (lol) Pilot store, and I have started making a habit of shooting EXFs to fill (Produce/Meat specifically), while doing the cull in the morning. Not only to fill the floor, but to go through product I suspect is bad as we have excessive on hands or I know I haven't ordered in awhile.

I also have suspected that this GREATLY reduces the size of our produce/fresh meat pulls for the entire day. People with more BR experience might be able to tell me why?
Because you're filling it to capacity... Therefore it wouldn't keep pulling more

i was also thinking of asking for a small team of people to do this, especially during the fourth quarter. maybe two pullers and two pushers. or just two pullers that are also good at pushing... if i were given five hours and another good tm i know we could knock out some heavy ones like chem, papr, and a few others. who do you all think i should talk to, to try and make this a thing?

Do this, but with Toys/Sporting Goods/Seasonal during 4th quarter. Maybe even grocery. Keep those areas looking full, PTM'd, and zoned. Your STL will love you.

Target has a long history of love hate with manual pulls, sometimes they are banned and considered a time waster and other times the are the solution to all Target logistical ills. Like so much at Target, if you work there long enough you will see the same things recycled over and over.

We drop manuals after price change, that way our 10pm/overnight CAFs can be knocked out in an hour or so. Not all fill groups, mainly PLAS/HOME/BATH and softlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back