COVID-19 Masks and gloves

Our store has been doing that since May. They claim tms complained people had em down in the backroom and felt unsafe. They are just finding ways to get around not teeming people foe attendance. Target loves firing people. For any reason thry deem arguable.

I’ll be returning to work after LOA soon . When asked my HR said I have to wear masks either my own or store provided. Nothing else was said. Can I wear work gloves? Do my device work if I use disposable gloves? Also, should I check my temperature before starting the day by myself or at store?

I’ll be returning to work after LOA soon . When asked my HR said I have to wear masks either my own or store provided. Nothing else was said. Can I wear work gloves? Do my device work if I use disposable gloves? Also, should I check my temperature before starting the day by myself or at store?
You may wear whatever kind of mask you like. Gloves seem to work with devices, but I really prefer to wash my hands a lot. I think it would depend on the work gloves, and your position. Bring them with you and ask. Check your temp at home. We got thermometers for TMs who don't have one, so your store may still have them.

It will be a huge adjustment. Returning team members have all had a rough re-entry. If possible, ask for short shifts to start, or fewer hours the first week back. Cut yourself some slack too. Guests will get too close. Be firm and polite with them about your 6 feet. Hydrate--the masks suck the water right out of you.

You may wear whatever kind of mask you like. Gloves seem to work with devices, but I really prefer to wash my hands a lot. I think it would depend on the work gloves, and your position. Bring them with you and ask. Check your temp at home. We got thermometers for TMs who don't have one, so your store may still have them.

It will be a huge adjustment. Returning team members have all had a rough re-entry. If possible, ask for short shifts to start, or fewer hours the first week back. Cut yourself some slack too. Guests will get too close. Be firm and polite with them about your 6 feet. Hydrate--the masks suck the water right out of you.
Good advice Yetive. I just got back from LOA, wore one of my cloth masks and it was too heavy and hot but I got through my four hour shift ok. I can sneak into the fitting room closet for a breather and some water when needed. The store-provided masks seem lighter so I will try one of those on my next shift. I asked for short shifts for the first couple of weeks at least, to start.

Come behind the wall at GS with us :)

So, I know this was likely tongue-in-cheek, but GS is the area of the store I worry most about, as far as transmission. At least at my store, there's 6-10 people regularly behind the desk or the wall all crowded together doing all the stuff they need to do, and it's the very last place I would drop the mask. (ETA, but, of course, most of them have them down below their chins or uncover their noses or whatever on the regular.)

We have a GS TM who said she couldn't handle "anything near her face" who got an exception to mask wearing, but guests complained (of course), so she was in one of the face shields the other day, so if the mask is really hard on you, I'd give that a try.

I've gotten used to the mask, mostly, though I had a trainee the other night and at one point I had to pull the mask aside and breathe just because I was literally losing the air to talk as I trained (it was close to close, no guests around, and breathed away from my trainee). I definitely move more slowly, breathing my own CO2, and am less likely to be chatty with anyone, but I figure the lower productivity is really only to be expected with *waves hands* everything and don't worry about it too much. But I close and my leaders aren't assholes, so YMMV on that.

If anything goes, I tried a Wild West bank robber face covering and it's so much better than a mask. It's like a chimney, lots of fresh air is pulled up from where neck meets collarbone, lots of moisture funneled out the same way.

Thanks! Yeah I got around 25hrs to start with . 4 days in the week. I have no idea how it would be to work with the mask on. I work in market and it’s always busy there. I hope I can survive ! Are the store provided masks disposable? My mask is a 2 layered tshirt kind of material which seems comfortable but don’t know how it would be for a prolonged time .

Thanks! Yeah I got around 25hrs to start with . 4 days in the week. I have no idea how it would be to work with the mask on. I work in market and it’s always busy there. I hope I can survive ! Are the store provided masks disposable? My mask is a 2 layered tshirt kind of material which seems comfortable but don’t know how it would be for a prolonged time .
Spot masks are disposable. Try them first.

I returned to work this week . In our store no one seems to be wearing a glove . All are wearing a mask of some kind mostly store provided . I also used the same as it was more comfortable than my reusable mask. No one asked me if I checked my temperature or not. Is that normal ?

I returned to work this week . In our store no one seems to be wearing a glove . All are wearing a mask of some kind mostly store provided . I also used the same as it was more comfortable than my reusable mask. No one asked me if I checked my temperature or not. Is that normal ?
No one at my store asks about temp checks, but we're encouraged to take our temps at home regularly.
Almost no one wears gloves; those who do are more likely TMs doing the truck unload where gloves are helpful for gripping lots of boxes. And then they're not wearing the flimsy disposable gloves.
Masks are part store-provided disposable and part cloth of various kinds. A couple of TMs wear the gaiter-style ones. A couple wear bandanas. Most of us who wear cloth ones wear either store-bought or handmade ones with ear loops. A few of us have headband-type things where we can hook the ear loop around buttons on the band.

No mention of temp checks at my store, and almost no one is wearing gloves. I gave up few minutes after the start of my first shift back - it was so hot I could barely get the pair on and my hands were dripping sweat almost immediately. The weather has cooled off but I still haven't tried again - the masks make me feel warm enough as it is, so keeping my hands cooler is a must. I use hand sanitizer, avoid touching my face, and wash my hands when I can. Most TMs are wearing masks but I see some pulling theirs down frequently. I am practicing as much social distancing as I possibly can.

No mention of temp checks at my store, and almost no one is wearing gloves. I gave up few minutes after the start of my first shift back - it was so hot I could barely get the pair on and my hands were dripping sweat almost immediately. The weather has cooled off but I still haven't tried again - the masks make me feel warm enough as it is, so keeping my hands cooler is a must. I use hand sanitizer, avoid touching my face, and wash my hands when I can. Most TMs are wearing masks but I see some pulling theirs down frequently. I am practicing as much social distancing as I possibly can.
In my opinion, the temp checks are ineffective. My normal body temp is well below "normal". 99 is almost 2 degree above my norm and considered a fever, but will let me into any place that is temp taking. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one.

In my opinion, the temp checks are ineffective. My normal body temp is well below "normal". 99 is almost 2 degree above my norm and considered a fever, but will let me into any place that is temp taking. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one.
You aren't, my husband and I are the same way. I definitely feel feverish at 99. Plus, with Covid many people don't get a fever.

I also run low normally, but like many other things to do with practically anything physiological, there's a range. The classic 98.6 is what's normal for most within a few tenths of a degree. Taking our own temps at home fairly often helps us each learn what the normal range is for that individual. Even then, it's a good idea to take your temp at about the same time each day or so because it'll vary as the day goes on.
As for it being a COVID symptom, again, there's variation from one person to the next. Some have no symptoms at all (and I'd argue they can be the most *dangerous* because they don't know they're carrying the virus and possibly infecting others). Fever is a common symptom of many illnesses though, so it's still a good idea to keep tabs on it.
If I take my temp and it's 98.6 or even 98.0, that's an indication I've got something outside of normal going on and I better pay attention.

I also run low normally, but like many other things to do with practically anything physiological, there's a range. The classic 98.6 is what's normal for most within a few tenths of a degree. Taking our own temps at home fairly often helps us each learn what the normal range is for that individual. Even then, it's a good idea to take your temp at about the same time each day or so because it'll vary as the day goes on.
As for it being a COVID symptom, again, there's variation from one person to the next. Some have no symptoms at all (and I'd argue they can be the most *dangerous* because they don't know they're carrying the virus and possibly infecting others). Fever is a common symptom of many illnesses though, so it's still a good idea to keep tabs on it.
If I take my temp and it's 98.6 or even 98.0, that's an indication I've got something outside of normal going on and I better pay attention.
This is why temp taking at work is pointless. Everyone is different. My sister works in healthcare. They take everyone's temp upon entering the building and if it's 100.4, they must leave. Lots of people have fevers that aren't 100.

Don't you have to change gloves in between touching each thing otherwise it's pointless?
In what case are you referring too? this is a super super broad claim, the answer is yes or no depending on who you are protecting and from what.

Back