COVID-19 Masks and gloves

I don't get how the Japanese do it. Seriously impeding breathing just is horrible, all masks make it very difficult to breathe, I hate struggling to breathe. And people need faces, people having no face is icky.

I don't get how the Japanese do it. Seriously impeding breathing just is horrible, all masks make it very difficult to breathe, I hate struggling to breathe. And people need faces, people having no face is icky.
I find that the real hospital masks are not that difficult to breathe through, but of course they are not available now. The up and up anti-viral masks were good, I bought a pack on clearance but used up the last of them before this thing started. I'm kicking myself now for not stocking up when I had the chance - what kind of germaphobe doesn't have a stash of masks? :confused:

No, they all impede breathing. My daughter was sent home with a surgical mask, that's how I found out masks are mandatory, I put it on and had to take it right off to get air. I made her some cloth masks of the absolute thinnest cotton I had, half translucent, I used my face to shape it, same thing, very difficult to breathe. They all impede breathing a lot, great thing for a respiratory virus.

No, they all impede breathing. My daughter was sent home with a surgical mask, that's how I found out masks are mandatory, I put it on and had to take it right off to get air. I made her some cloth masks of the absolute thinnest cotton I had, half translucent, I used my face to shape it, same thing, very difficult to breathe. They all impede breathing a lot, great thing for a respiratory virus.
You might want to try making one of these masks. It might help.

Fuck a mask, where my vaccine at
Here
Screen-Shot-2020-03-24-at-10.44.03-AM.png

Except this is inaccurate. Coronavirus isn't new, but the COVID-19 strain of it is. COVID-19 is a subset of coronavirus and has not been seen in humans before. This vaccine is a different subset of coronavirus. Not to say that it wouldn't work, but I am not a scientist so will not hazard a guess.

You might want to try making one of these masks. It might help.

Have to admit for half a second I thought this was going to be legit, but I recognized the actress right away. 😁 Love her, (Stephnie Weir), she was in the short-lived Daman Wayans Jr. sitcom Happy Together, she was the female lead's mother and Victor Williams (Deacon from The King of Queens) played her father. They were always half-drunk and getting into shenanigans, they were the best thing about the show.

Please tell me that whoever originally posted it was as a joke and they aren't that stupid. It makes my head hurt.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses
  1. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
  2. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
  3. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
  4. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
Other human coronaviruses
  1. MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
  2. SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)
People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

Someone posted a link somewhere to a news article that I hope was a joke article about a guy and his cat dying from coronavirus. Like yeah, it'd really be the same virus.

except for all the stores that have gotten them (350+) and the 450 more that are getting them this week and the 450 more next week, no stores have plexiglass. it's true,
I get it in 7 out of my 14 trucks .

Attachments

• 7AC56D63-AA4D-452D-8469-042F46491A4F.jpeg
    7AC56D63-AA4D-452D-8469-042F46491A4F.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 33
My daughter hasn't grumbled about the ear part of the mask (though she does grumble in general). I took one of these and a really long shoelace, slid it on the halfway point on the shoelace, threaded the shoelace ends through the sides of the mask from bottom to top, and then put the shoelace ends through the thingy in opposite directions. Pull on the loose ends to tighten. When tightened evenly the strings form an X at the base of the skull. The top threads have to be tucked over the ear but she hasn't complained about pressure.

1587243281592.png

And that's why Target said the same thing today. Every TM in my store had to put a mask on before they clocked in.

And that's why Target said the same thing today. Every TM in my store had to put a mask on before they clocked in.
Did that come through a SD update? It's my rotation this weekend and has not been required at my store yet. I'm in a relatively low infection case state though.

Idk, I just heard our HR say over the walkie that all TMs needed to get masks due to Target's new directive. It was repeated several times throughout the day. Maybe because our governor decided that all essential workers have to wear them while on the clock....maybe it was just for Targets in our region?

Back