COVID-19 Masks and gloves

I'll wear a mask if target supplies it. I'm not running around to other stores or Facebook sellers looking for silly cloth mask.

I don't want to wear a mask, though some TMs do. We have signs up about getting a mask from the "mask distributor" but I a) have no idea who that is and b) have not seen masks in the TSC or anywhere I would get to them.

I heard, from a manager at my store, that temp checks are about to start....
We did . You get paid for it to . So tm needs to be careful with their 5th or 6th hours meals due to the fact that the 3 minutes paid count toward your 5th or 6th. So if you start at 4 am and go to lunch by 8:57 in a 5th hour state you basically hit your meal compliance .

Last edited:
We did . You get paid for it to . So tm needs to be careful with their 5th or 6th hours meals due to the fact that the 3 minutes paid count toward your 5th or 6th. So if you start at 4 am and go to lunch by 8:57 in a 5th hour state you basically hit your meal compliance .
That’s if they punch in 3 minutes early.

If I punch in at 4:00 am and punch out for lunch at 8:57 I don’t hit compliance. Am I missing something?
Yes target pays you at the beginning of your shift 3 minute for temperature check which adds to 9:00 so you hit your fifth if you live in a 5h state . And if you live in a 6h state you clock in at 4 and go to lunch at 9:57 it counts towards your 6th hour.

This is in Cali only, I believe. If you punch in at 8:00, HQ will add 3 minutes to the beginning of your shift, effectively changing your punch to 7:57. Therefore, if you went to lunch at 12:57, you would hit your 5th hour.

Overall, I am not opposed to employee temp checks but I would prefer to bring my own thermometer, take my temp myself, and then just show the leader what it is. No communal thermometer touching me please. And no, I don't trust any of them to properly sanitizer or disinfect it between uses. I've seen how they "clean" the store, just going through the motions, not actually doing anything of value other than giving the impression of proaction.

Our store now provides face masks for any TM who wants one. It's voluntary but encouraged. During the past few days, I've seen fewer and fewer TMs wearing the masks. I can't figure out why most of my fellow TMs refuse to wear them, though admittedly these aren't the most comfy things to wear over a workday but masks do slightly reduce your exposure to airborne icky stuff.

About half of our guests are wearing some kind of mask nowadays.

Same situation with gloves, but many TMs are using gloves even though these are also voluntary.

Our store now provides face masks for any TM who wants one. It's voluntary but encouraged. During the past few days, I've seen fewer and fewer TMs wearing the masks. I can't figure out why most of my fellow TMs refuse to wear them, though admittedly these aren't the most comfy things to wear over a workday but masks do slightly reduce your exposure to airborne icky stuff.

About half of our guests are wearing some kind of mask nowadays.

Same situation with gloves, but many TMs are using gloves even though these are also voluntary.

I hate wearing them because they're mandatory and therefore violating my bodily integrity.

And covering the face is just a horrible act, visually. It evokes something primal. I'm surprised masks havent increased arguments and fights, the effect it has on emotions.
I sincerely hope you don’t live or work in an area with high Muslim and/or Asian populations. Where I live, every year during flu season, I see Asian people in stores, on the subway, and at work wearing masks. They wear them to protect themselves and their elderly or chronically ill family they may live with. We could learn a lesson about doing things for the sake of others.
And to say covering the face is “primal”? Even if you just mean having to wear a face mask because of the coronavirus, recognize there are religions and cultures in this country for whom this is their way of life and being labeled as primal is offensive.

94102451_10221122003347091_1678942122331340800_o.jpg

Right so I'm barely having the nose covered with my cloth mask because I need to breathe fresh air and if I have to touch my face then I will. Corona ain't stopping me from scratching my nose if it itches.

Until the government decides to outlaw face touching and threatens to put me in prison over that.

Which wouldn't surprise me at this point

Last edited:
Back