COVID-19 Masks and gloves

you are required to wear a mask as of yesterday. period. that is the rule now.

masks should also not be locked in an office. you should get one when you clock in, wear that one for the day, and then replace it after your lunch.

that is the policy. period. go print it off workbench and show it to your leads if they are not following it
This is also one of the few times hotline would be appropriate if leads still refuse

I know that's the point of masks. It shows Target cares more about guests than team members. I also think that by saying "wear a mask so you don't get tm/guests sick" encourages tm who shouldn't be at work period to come and slap on a mask. On some level it isn't right- I am encouraged to wear a mask to keep my germs from getting to the guest who isn't wearing a face covering, is coughing & not covering his cough, and telling person on phone he's been feeling bad for days.

The CDC still says that if you are healthy wearing a mask actually increases your risk that you will catch viruses. Their mask recommendation is to protect others from you.

So basically for those TMs who are or live with special populations, wearing a mask means that you are helping Karen shopping for swimsuits from getting sick, but as a tradeoff you're more likely to bring it home to your 80 year old grandfather and your daughter who's on immune suppressants. Not very fair.

Nope. I threw mine away at the end of my shift. My hands were all over it for the 2 hours I was forced to wear it. It's suffocating, and I had a headache. They truly are pointless for us to be required to wear. There has to be others who could use them for actual benefit, donate the damn things.

You've proved what l found out when researching the effectiveness of wearing these mask.

I think the CDC removed it from their site, or just buried it deep. It's like anything prior to April was wiped from their site.

Here are a couple of articles that referenced the CDC's original stance.

Public Health Experts Keep Changing Their Guidance on Whether or Not to Wear Face Masks for Coronavirus - https://time.com/5794729/coronavirus-face-masks/

CDC Considers Shifting Guidance On Masks, But Are Wary Of Creating A Run On N95s That Protect Health Workers - https://khn.org/morning-breakout/cdc-considers-shifting-guidance-on-masks-but-are-wary-of-creating-a-run-on-n95s-that-protect-health-workers/

And this NIH article has a paragraph about risk.

Rational use of face masks in the COVID-19 pandemic - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7118603/

Just remember your eyes, I think that is in one of these articles. Tear ducts go straight to the nose. At a job when a cold from hell turned into bronchitis for the entire office, my cold from hell turned into pinkeye.

One thing for the understanding of filtration of the mask:

N95 filtration size: 0.3 microns

Corona 19 size: 0.125 microns

The virus must be combined with something else in order for it to be large enough to be captured.

There have been test that prove the mask can indeed prevent the infiltration when used under certain conditions. However, these were carried out in a lab controlled environment.

No evidence was published that stated it would protect you from getting the flu.

These mask, to be fully effective, have to be changed out after each event. It was strongly urged to measure the mask's filtration capability after each event in order to ensure its effectiveness. It has a maximum life expectancy of 8 hours w/o an event change under low load conditions.

So a team member at a minimum would require at least 6 mask's per 8 hour shift (1 to start, 1 at first break, 1 at lunch, 1 at last break, and a min of 2 for a compromised mask between shifts). Perspiration and the moisture from exhaling break down the mask ability to adequately filter.

If you handle it shortly after putting on, you'll need to get another one as you have just defeated the purpose of it being able to provide protection from contamination.

The above information can easily be found.

I guess that's me. I'll wear it when I absolutely have to, but I hate it. No matter how thin the mask is, my breathing is so impaired I'm gasping for air, even though without a mask I have no problems. And I don't see why I should increase my risk of getting sick to pander to the people being absolute assholes by going out when bored or hoarding essentials. And I know my own body, I can tell when I'm starting to come down with something, even if I don't know what that something might be, damned insulting to say that I'm completely inept to judge my own health. And I still feel that dread of not seeing faces. All y'all feel it, don't bullshit, it's the same reason when handing out Halloween candy there are kids you look at and compliment their costume and there are kids you look at their shoes while complimenting their costume, and seeing a missing face is the same level of fear of something black and too many legs scuttling out right where you were about to put your hand, not the level of fear of finding your debit card missing after going out and fearing someone found it and stole all your money.

I never go anywhere other than driving my daughter to and from work and the rare shopping trip, I usually use Shipt unless what I need won't substitute well enough for someone else's judgment, I don't have a slight tickle in my throat and I'm in touch with my body, and I shouldn't be punished with difficulty breathing because someone is too stupid and lazy to figure out what to do in the house or in a nearby grassy area.

I guess that's me. I'll wear it when I absolutely have to, but I hate it. No matter how thin the mask is, my breathing is so impaired I'm gasping for air, even though without a mask I have no problems. And I don't see why I should increase my risk of getting sick to pander to the people being absolute assholes by going out when bored or hoarding essentials. And I know my own body, I can tell when I'm starting to come down with something, even if I don't know what that something might be, damned insulting to say that I'm completely inept to judge my own health. And I still feel that dread of not seeing faces. All y'all feel it, don't bullshit, it's the same reason when handing out Halloween candy there are kids you look at and compliment their costume and there are kids you look at their shoes while complimenting their costume, and seeing a missing face is the same level of fear of something black and too many legs scuttling out right where you were about to put your hand, not the level of fear of finding your debit card missing after going out and fearing someone found it and stole all your money.

I never go anywhere other than driving my daughter to and from work and the rare shopping trip, I usually use Shipt unless what I need won't substitute well enough for someone else's judgment, I don't have a slight tickle in my throat and I'm in touch with my body, and I shouldn't be punished with difficulty breathing because someone is too stupid and lazy to figure out what to do in the house or in a nearby grassy area.
Yeah sorry Tessa, I'm not going to say that I don't understand some of your concerns, but if you are asymptomatic or presymptomatic, well, the names are descriptive enough. You aren't a doctor. And your fear of people wearing masks sounds phobic. Not that I don't have a few phobias of my own, but I have never had that reaction to trick or treaters. I've been to Salem in October a few times and I love the costumes and have no problem with people wearing masks. I especially don't have a problem with people wearing masks if it may help to protect me and everyone else from this awfulness.

My store was against wearing masks for a long time. They told us that it made us look like we were sick. Now that it's become mandatory to wear masks, my team members are struggling to find some, so some literally took scissors, cut up clothes they don't wear anymore and use them as masks lol. Target still doesn't care about protecting the workers. They're just asking us to wear them now because they'll get DP'd from lawsuits if they don't allow us to wear them.
Is your store not providing masks to TMs??? My understanding is that companywide, all Target facilities are equipped with masks for all of the TMs on duty. If your store isn't providing TM masks, this might be a rare time that I'd call the integrity hotline.

Can you not say something like "By local ordinance, you must wear a mask to enter the store, otherwise you can't shop" and then call AP since they are technically violating local law? or is that too far
In my store AP are the ones letting them in without masks even though there’s a local ordinance. Wal-Mart won’t let you in though.

93956784_1693398834146482_7269215492596826112_o.jpg

Back