Archived Maternity leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a baby in December and had horrible sciatica my whole pregnancy. I got a doctors note towards the end of my pregnancy (last two months or so) because I could hardly walk by the end of my shift. They did not follow my note and gave me no coverage for extra breaks, sitting down, etc. like my note stated. (I'm a starbucks TL) I actually ended up just getting induced a few days before my due date because I couldn't handle working anymore. I just came back from my leave and my sciatica is getting bad again (from standing all the time). I can't walk without limping at this point and I'm in so much pain just kneeling over to pick up my daughter hurts. Any tips on what I should do? My HR is clueless and no help.

What do you want them to do for you? Only thing I can think of is scheduling you as operator/fitting room.

Talk to your HR about setting up reasonable accommodations and STD. When I got my legs burnt, I was given reasonable accommodations. I was given opportunities for extra periodic breaks, or tasks where I could sit; break out and organize the ad, cashier at the lanes/electronics and GS'ed with a chair/stool.

Does Target still have an Employee Assistance Program? If so, you can possibly look into for therapy.

You can do your paperwork duties as SBTL off-stage. And manage your TMs while working at another workstation. Your store just needs to maintain coverage for SB.

ADA guidelines got meddled with earlier this year. Not sure of what changes were made.

Are you being treated for the sciatica, as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back