Archived Maybe because I am the new SR TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came off of working 5 straight LOD shifts, all closing. Is this a normal routine for a SR TL or ETL to work 5 straight LOD shifts? I am guessing they just gave me all the shifts because I am new and probably figured I wouldn't have the grounds to ask why since I am fresh on the Spot scene.

All stores are not the same, but no, that's not even close to normal at my store. No ETL at my store closes more than one night a week, and each have two LOD shifts a week at most depending on the schedule.

But I'm more shocked that you fit 5 LOD shifts into 40 hours. At my store, an eight hour shift turns into 9 or 10 hours easy when you're a closing LOD. Did you work off the clock?

Judging by my Pfresh Sheets, it is the same SR TL who has closed for the last 10 days straight...
PS, why can't this woman be my CTL.

Sounds like your in a ULV with another LOD on vacation. Depending on the week most of our LODs close 1-2 times a week. Vacation weeks people have to pick up the slack. But we are high volume so we have more ETLs.

Still you shouldn't be doing all closings.

New SrTL, so you're bottom of the totem poll. Somebody goes on vacation, you're the one to pick up their closing shifts.

Is this apart of your training? Even ETLs had to get broken in when they first took the role at their home store. So if it is training, yes you can see a string of LOD shifts. This gets you familiar with the process, although if it is training an ETL should be there to "shadow" you. Otherwise, it's probably because you're at the bottom of the LOD totem pole.

Is this apart of your training? Even ETLs had to get broken in when they first took the role at their home store. So if it is training, yes you can see a string of LOD shifts. This gets you familiar with the process, although if it is training an ETL should be there to "shadow" you. Otherwise, it's probably because you're at the bottom of the LOD totem pole.

I was thinking the same thing (training.) We had a new LOD at one of my non-Target jobs, and when she learned how to close she did 5 consecutive closing LOD shifts. Same thing with learning how to open.

Training is the only thing that made sense to me or people on vacation.
But with training you would have someone else on the shift to show you how to deal and I would think they would tell you if there were a bunch of people on vacation (but then again communication has never been Spots strong point).

Sounds to me more like...less stick it to the new person (OP). I mean they ( OP) wouldn't dare complain about it ....cause they need to make a good impression and drink the kool aid

As a SrTL the most closing shifts I have had in a row was 4. Friday, my closing weekend Sat and Sunday, then my closing night Monday. We try not to do that anymore but if someone is on vacation then it's sometimes hard to avoid.

4 closing LOD shifts is normal if it's my closing weekend. I've had 7 consecutive LOD shifts broken up into two weeks once. Day 7 of LOD I'm pretty sure I wanted to scratch my eyes out! It was NOT fun, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back