Maybe I’m A Pollyanna..

Hey all, maybe I’m a Pollyanna, but I like my job at Target. I know it’s not perfect I come in everyday looking to do my best, search these forums when I have questions, etc...
What I’ve noticed is the over abundance of negativity on these forums. Can we have a section that talks about small and big victories, tricks of the trade, pro-tips and positive interactions with guests?

maybe I’m a Pollyanna
Wut? I don't think I've ever heard this phrase before. You must be ancient. I like my job. It pays my bills, I see the trendy stuff kids are into nowadays, sometimes I feel like I matter a little bit. It might change but it's been worse in the past. As long as the leadership is good, this is a decent job.

Last edited:
It's good you like your job and the company. I hope things continue to go well for you.

However, these types of forums aren't really made to be a place where people can praise their company. They are a place where people can let off steam by posting their thoughts, feelings, and opinions that they can't say in the workplace.

You see more negatives here this time of year because of the volume of business the company is doing in each store and as a whole.

For the most part, the people who post here care about their work and complain and give their opinions because they want themselves and the company to do better.

If you think the comments here are all negative, there are forums out there about Target that would curl your hair.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m ancient. I’ll be 60 in a couple of days. But I think l have a young soul.
I'm not far behind you and I also have a young soul!

@Ringwraith917, we "ancient" folks often work circles around you young "whippersnappers". (Ever hear that one? 😄)

Muffy, I like my job too and you can find some positivity here. Today I will vent and say I'm quite frustrated with my fellow young Style TMs, they are herding like cattle and getting about as much done work-wise as a cow would in a retail store.

Last edited:
There is a bragging thread around here somewhere. I think there might also be a thread for thanking guests and/or TMs, too.

/too lazy to search

There is a bragging thread around here

I noticed the “bragging” stopped around May 2018. This was the onset of modernization.

Back