Brag thread. You're awesome and you know it

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
There's nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back once in awhile. Sometimes you do something awesome and there's no one around to see it.

Post something you did that makes you say "Yeah I'm Awesome"

I'll start: I was assembling a Huffy Southwind bicycle, and a bolt snapped off in the frame. I would've had to defect the whole bike except I was able to hand-drill out the bolt with a self-tapping screw and replace it. Yeah I'm awesome.

We had a visit 2 days ago and I zoned half of market (the bad aisles) and the DTL was super impressed with market, and the store as a whole. The dry market team got a big shout out during the morning huddle yesterday
I dropped manuals/pulled them/pushed them and zoned the area throughout the store and essentially salesfloor got a pat on the back for keeping the zone great...

I was putting a can of soup away in one of the aisels and as it slid down the soup holder it knocked the can of soup in front of it out while my back was turned...I heard it, turned around, stuck my hand out without looking and caught it. I looked around and was so disappointed that no one saw it.

My shift was about to end and my workcenter was completed (Backroom honestly had no backstock and for the first time in awhile, we were actually clean). Without any leader having to tell me, I pulled some of the EXF's (products needed for the salesfloor), pushed them and backstock any residual from the EXF's. Sales and Payroll right?? ;):cool:

I'm in the area of that massive winter storm coming through and I had to go push carts out there and stay an extra 4 hours because the closing Cart Attendant called in.. he calls in at least once or twice a week, please tell me how this kid isn't fired yet. He's great when he's here but he sincerely calls in ALL the time. He's consistently called in, it all started two weeks into his employment here. It's been about a month now. It astonishes me he's not gone since he's barely into his probationary period.

Oh well, I don't mind a good 1pm-10pm cart shift during a blizzard that only let up around 9:30pm lol.(sarcasm) Started snowing around 10am.

My GSTL trainer called out the other day and I was closing GSA for the first time by myself on my second day of training. Everything went so smooth I was so surprised. I even was thrown a brand new cashier who had never been on a register before and she performed well. It was a overall good night. I survived.

I helped a newbie understand why you push to a second location first. I pitched in with the backroom and helped to backstock the mountain of BS that overnight left for someone else to finish. It's been a while but I still remember how and where to put stuff.

I didn't call out the overnight ETL for selling 4 NES classics we got in last to his people. While the official line is we are not allowed to buy them before the store opens. That fight is for another day.

Back