Archived Maybe the cut hours are a blessing for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I go into work not remembering, or noticing, that I am not on the schedule for Sunday night. Before any management took notice, I made a hasty exit. I honestly shouldn't be happy that my hours are cut considering I'd like to pay my bills, but I have a class I'm going to attend in the next couple of weeks. I've spent a total of 6 or 7 years in retail, and I find those random drouts of cash to be depressing.

Time to do something about it.

Hopefully I'll become a CNA when this is over and get out of there fast.

I'm tired of spending three days in bed trying to rest for this job.

Once you become a CNA, you'll LOVE to go back to retail. Trust me. As bad as retail it, it's NOTHING compared to how horrible being a CNA is. Matter of fact, I can't even believe people still want to be a CNA.. it's the hands down more stressful, low-paying job anyone can get with the least respect you'll ever find. It makes Target look like a 5 star business.

Once you become a CNA, you'll LOVE to go back to retail. Trust me. As bad as retail it, it's NOTHING compared to how horrible being a CNA is. Matter of fact, I can't even believe people still want to be a CNA.. it's the hands down more stressful, low-paying job anyone can get with the least respect you'll ever find. It makes Target look like a 5 star business.

I hire CNA's to take care of a disabled child. My CNA's make more per hour than I do, although they work fewer hours since my kid goes to school. It is tough work - that's why I pay them well. I think it depends upon how or where you decide to work. Respect? They are considered family members by us.

I hire CNA's to take care of a disabled child. My CNA's make more per hour than I do, although they work fewer hours since my kid goes to school. It is tough work - that's why I pay them well. I think it depends upon how or where you decide to work. Respect? They are considered family members by us.

then you are one of the good ones!! Most CNA jobs are hospital or nursing home based and are beyond the low man on the totem pole.

Had a marvelous CNA taking care of our great-aunt after her fall.
Auntie eventually moved into assisted living but the CNA helped her through the transistion & checked back with her to make sure she was adjusting.

Just go for LVN. Pays well. Your wasting your money on CNA schooling. At least with LVN, you can make enough money to pay off a larger school bill.

most CNA's here get paid around 8 an hour. considering i started at that in 2003 at target, yeah CNA's get crap.

The difference is that I won't be spending this first part of the year at home because of hours being cut.

Just go for LVN. Pays well. Your wasting your money on CNA schooling. At least with LVN, you can make enough money to pay off a larger school bill.

This. I have a family member that's a LVN for a major health care provider - she made just under 50k last year working part time. She doesn't even have a four year degree but she worked for several years in nursing homes - now she's employed by a major HMO provider in one of their urgent care settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back