Merchandise Sweeps

Has anyone had trouble adding merchandise sweeps to your weekly sweeps lately? When we try to add them it comes up that none are available even though they were just finished and closed. It’s aggravating!

@SamSepiol, do you know why DCs can only accept one transfer per sweep? Is it a technological limitation?

Given we have DBOs who are supposed to "own their business", it'd make things a lot easier if multiple TMs/TLs can start their own transfers to scan things as they go about their day rather than relying on a single person to do it.

@SamSepiol, do you know why DCs can only accept one transfer per sweep? Is it a technological limitation?

Given we have DBOs who are supposed to "own their business", it'd make things a lot easier if multiple TMs/TLs can start their own transfers to scan things as they go about their day rather than relying on a single person to do it.
There is potential to mix transfers when it’s on the same sweep trailer. If the DC counts items on the incorrect transfer, the store won’t get credit for the transfer.

Has anyone had trouble adding merchandise sweeps to your weekly sweeps lately? When we try to add them it comes up that none are available even though they were just finished and closed. It’s aggravating!
You have to close it 15-20 minutes before you need to close the sweep. Under Revlog app, if transfer line item text on the right is green then it’s not ready. If it’s black then it’s ready to be added to a sweep BOL.

Last edited:
There is potential to mix transfers when it’s on the same sweep trailer. If the DC counts items on the incorrect transfer, the store won’t get credit for the transfer.
So instead of holding the DC accountable for mistakes on their end, stores end up with that burden? All transfer pallets have their own label with the transfer number written on it. What's the point of putting a label on each pallet if sweeps can only have one transfer anyway?

If that's the actual reasoning, I'm kind of annoyed. There isn't a single RDC trailer we've gotten that hasn't had merchandise on it that wasn't supposed to be, but that's okay for some reason.

Last edited:
So instead of holding the DC accountable for mistakes on their end, stores end up with that burden? All transfer pallets have their own label with the transfer number written on it. What's the point of putting a label on each pallet if sweeps can only have one transfer anyway?

If that's the actual reasoning, I'm kind of annoyed. There isn't a single RDC trailer we've gotten that hasn't had merchandise on it that wasn't supposed to be, but that's okay for some reason.
Not an official answer but a guess on why. My store has had separate transfers on separate sweeps sent to the DC. Somehow they entered the items on the wrong transfer ID and it’ll be there for weeks. First thing MySupport asks if the transfer were sent on the same or different sweep trailers.

If that's the actual reasoning, I'm kind of annoyed. There isn't a single RDC trailer we've gotten that hasn't had merchandise on it that wasn't supposed to be, but that's okay for some
I hear you, I am certain that is the reason. We sent out several in August and September before we became a caseless backroom. Some of those transfers were sitting at the DC for a month before they got processed on their end. Of course they processed it showing that we were short items and I know we weren't. I had sent two pipo pallets that I'm sure they just assumed was theirs and removed it from the transfer.

I don't know the full answer, but I'd wager it's a technology thing.

That shouldn't normally be an issue. If you can see them on the main revlog task list and theyre fully completed, they'd should be good.
Wouldn’t having a sweep closed before days of sweep would actually put you on compliance ?

Back