Archived Minor Waiver?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServiceEngaged

ServiceEngaged
So on minors every time on the grid it shows “Minor waiver” next to their name, does anyone know what that mean?!? Does it let minors work past 9:30? I’m confused

So on minors every time on the grid it shows “Minor waiver” next to their name, does anyone know what that mean?!? Does it let minors work past 9:30? I’m confused
A minor wavier written consent by a parent or guardian that lets the minor work till 11:30pm or start at 4:30am

A minor wavier written consent by a parent or guardian that lets the minor work till 11:30pm or start at 4:30am
Depends on the state. Even with a Minor Waiver MyTime will not let me schedule a minor before 6am or after 9:45pm. However it will let me circumvent the restriction of not scheduling a minor before 3pm M-F during the school year. We use it primarily for home/online school minors, or a minor that has already graduated.

Why can’t minors work later than 9:45 on Friday/Saturday nights? There’s no school the next day. Curfew laws in most places are not that early. My area has a midnight weekend curfew. It’s just really annoying when a good chunk of cashiers scheduled at night are minors and have to leave early.

Depends on the state. Even with a Minor Waiver MyTime will not let me schedule a minor before 6am or after 9:45pm. However it will let me circumvent the restriction of not scheduling a minor before 3pm M-F during the school year. We use it primarily for home/online school minors, or a minor that has already graduated.

Does anyone know what states this works in?! I used to work in New York and they had that but I’m moving to flordia and not sure if they have that.

I’m Im not in Florida so I have no idea about their state laws. You can absolutely call HROC and ask them any time M-F after 8am. Their number is 8003941885.

My guess? One state has a labor law that restricts working hours for underaged employees, and Spot's computer systems can't handle variety so the rule gets implemented company-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back