Archived Mispicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureZero

Rec Spec
Does anyone here still process mispicks through the PDA or does your store rely on instocks to fix counts?

Yes we do, but only if the TM actually knows what a mispick is and that the TL needs to be informed.

I find them somewhat frequently on the shelves already.

At my store, in flow, we process our own. Problem is most of our newish team does not recognize a mis pick. I have had them say that there is a location in the store so what's the difference. I try to explain what is inside must match the pic label. If it doesn't it's a mis pick. When I go into further detail about on hands and counts their eyes glaze over. The bigger issue is finding a PDA. Usually I have to run to the backroom or catch someone when they are walking by.

We just cut the pic label off write the dcpi/upc and the quantity in the box and deal with them all at once. The problem we've been getting lately is DC sending stuff that goes to other stores to us.

We just cut the pic label off write the dcpi/upc and the quantity in the box and deal with them all at once. The problem we've been getting lately is DC sending stuff that goes to other stores to us.
We had a previous Flow TL who would tell us to do that... But we don't carry pens either so it wasn't very helpful.

I do but I am probably one of two or three people who know what it is and how to process it.

Most people don't give two shits just jam it out. Empty RE flat pack cubes that are black but mispicked as white.. They are black on the box and the DCPI of the black ones is printed on the box. They stocked them in the white ones spot.. Yeah they don't care.

We had a previous Flow TL who would tell us to do that... But we don't carry pens either so it wasn't very helpful.
Ah we have quite a few TM who carry around pens to mark carts so it's easy enough to find a pen if you don't carry one. We used to not care that much until DC started sending us like 100 boxes off the truck of mspk. The thing is how many of that just became straight blackline and was never caught because i doubt salesfloor would ever catch it if it came out in a CAF.

There's a guy on flow who does this and sticks them on the defectives tub for me to take care of. I am certain he's the only person in the store who still cares about it.

A couple years ago when I started on flow we'd take care of mispicks in the wave but that's in the good old days when there were PDAs to spare. Now we're lucky if the flow TL gets an iPod for more than an hour or so before price/POG needs it more.

Does anyone here still process mispicks through the PDA or does your store rely on instocks to fix counts?

Those of us who know how (let alone care enough to do so) report mispicks via the PDA. We had tons of mispicks when we started getting BTS/BTC freight, but I haven't seen as many lately.

We switched dc a few months ago. We have been getting so many mispicks. Nobody in our backroom except the tl know how to process them, and I am prett sure I'm the only one on the floor who knows how to process them.

So...starting to see some mispicks. How do I process them? Might be helpful to have that info on here seeing as it appears to be a prevalent/growing problem.

MSPK = Report DC mispicks. If you have a carton containing an item that isn't what the pick label says it is, that's a mispick, and you have to report it to ensure that your onhands are correct. MSPK doesn't seem to have changed very much since the days of the LRT - for instance, you can't toggle to it.
You scan the pick label after you type in mspk on a PDA, then type in the actual dpci you in the box with qty.

So...starting to see some mispicks. How do I process them? Might be helpful to have that info on here seeing as it appears to be a prevalent/growing problem.
- RFapps on PDA
- type mspk
- scan the DC label (the big barcode)
- scan the barcode on the item you actually received
- key in how many you have

- RFapps on PDA
- type mspk
- scan the DC label (the big barcode)
- scan the barcode on the item you actually received
- key in how many you have

pull the labels off the box, cause the backroom will just backstock it as the wrong DCPI. They don't know any different.. If you can label with a monarch, if not at least write the correct DCPI on the box. - My backroom goes with this, yours may vary.

What if the actual item is not sold in your store. I had one this week. I set it aside till I can ask someone about it but since we are talking about mispick here, can someone help me?

What if the actual item is not sold in your store. I had one this week. I set it aside till I can ask someone about it but since we are talking about mispick here, can someone help me?

We recently went thru this at my store. My Etl log and fl tl told everyone it is not a mis pick. We just open it and scan it to get the correct location.

We recently went thru this at my store. My Etl log and fl tl told everyone it is not a mis pick. We just open it and scan it to get the correct location.

I did open the box and scanned the item inside and the pda showed me that it is not sold in my store. The pick label has a location on the floor.

If the product in the box matches the labels - not a mispick if it was sent to your store, the pick label will have your store number on it. Some times they screw up and you get stuff for the next store over.. Happens but not a mispick.

Not Sold in store you can take to either guest services or pricing, depending on who handles those. In my Store it is either can process them. They turn into an "AS IS" and will shortly be found on a clearance end cap.

Research it with the myDevice and reduce the on-hands of whatever is on the label by the amount that is on the label.

Assuming that it is actually a mispick (the pick label doesn't match the items), you should still be able to report the mispick using RF Apps > MSPK. Then you would just need to create SIM tickets (As Is or Online Item) for the items. You can either bring them to Guest Service and scan them in Smart Sort or give them to the price accuracy team to ticket.

If the pick label does match the item but it's not sold in your store, then that's a whole different animal. Ask a logistics leader what to do in that situation.

Thank you, everyone! The item inside doesn't match the pick label and it's not sold in our store. And I completely forgot SIM. Thank you for reminding me!! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back