Missed a call from HR but no one is picking up?

I got a call from HR around 3:30 pm. I was driving and couldn’t pick up. I got the voice mail to call back to discuss my application, not sure if it’s good or bad. Anyways, I’ve called every department it’s given me the option to call. Would it be bad for me to wait and call tomorrow Monday early? Or should I keep trying? It’s almost 5 pm. Not sure HR is even there anymore.

I would just try tomorrow Monday.
Thank you! I will. It’s already 6 pm here where I live. I’m sorry for asking this question but is it usually bad if they want to talk about my application? I’m assuming maybe they want to ask about hours or something. Sorry I’m just anxious person.

Thank you! I will. It’s already 6 pm here where I live. I’m sorry for asking this question but is it usually bad if they want to talk about my application? I’m assuming maybe they want to ask about hours or something. Sorry I’m just anxious person.
No clue. You just need to call back.

What happened the last time you called hr to follow up on your application on September 2nd?
That was a different application for a different target. Unfortunately, they said they would give me an answer but not anything as of yet. That’s why I applied to another one. Quite frankly the one which hasn’t said anything (but still in progress) is the one closer to home.

Not sure if the HR department there is understaffed or maybe they don’t have enough hours. I did hear hours are down.

That was a different application for a different target. Unfortunately, they said they would give me an answer but not anything as of yet. That’s why I applied to another one. Quite frankly the one which hasn’t said anything (but still in progress) is the one closer to home.

Not sure if the HR department there is understaffed or maybe they don’t have enough hours. I did hear hours are down.
Hr in most stores is 1 person and 1 hourly or 1 salary supervisor. 8-2 mon-fri are probably the best hours to call.

Phone tag?

Why don't they just email you?

I did this with another retailer years ago to setup an interview.

They had my email address so why call back and forth constantly.

I actually when to said retailer and they left a voicemail to talk to "so and so" at this specific time and they weren't there.

I played the voicemail that person left and never heard from them again.

Phone tag?

Why don't they just email you?

I did this with another retailer years ago to setup an interview.

They had my email address so why call back and forth constantly.

I actually when to said retailer and they left a voicemail to talk to "so and so" at this specific time and they weren't there.

I played the voicemail that person left and never heard from them again.
I have no idea. I called another target I applied to and was told I’ll get an answer by email or a follow up call if selected. I’m not sure at this point I’ll have to see when to go and even then I don’t know what they’re going to ask. I might go and they might tell me they’re no longer interested since I can’t stay later.

Yeah I’m sorry about that that sucks.

Hr in most stores is 1 person and 1 hourly or 1 salary supervisor. 8-2 mon-fri are probably the best hours to call.
I got a call back from them. I applied for on demand but they asked if I could just apply for seasonal and an offer would be sent right through. What are the chances for being kept after seasonal?

I got a call back from them. I applied for on demand but they asked if I could just apply for seasonal and an offer would be sent right through. What are the chances for being kept after seasonal?
Make sure when you start you let your TL and ETL know that you're interested in staying on. It's likely store dependent, but at my store we keep the largest percentage of seasonal in Fulfillment and then next would be cashier/guest service.

Even if you're hired for GM or Specialty, ensure you train in Fulfillment ASAP and that you're picking up those shifts. While on those shifts ensure you are impressing everyone with your numbers. I've kept seasonal people from other departments for Fulfillment based on their numbers and work ethic.

Back