Archived Missed Coupon Key Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you working at GS, we no longer have the fix the mistake option of doing a missed coupon. How are you dealing with all the Target coupons that the cashiers forget to scan?

I could have sworn I used "missed coupon" to issue cash refunds to missed cartwheel savings. Fuck all if I know, it was a clusterfuck tonight.

It's still there if it is within the allotted time of 3 days.

Nothing there, even if the guest walks from the lanes to GS. Not sure if it is company wide or ASANTS. It's a PITA right now. They take it away without a workaround. You won't have happy guests if you have to void a transaction or return and resell the items.

It's only certain districts (mine included). People at the HQ decided we were using it too much and took the option away. The only way we can fix it is to return the items and resell with the coupon (which absolutely SUCKS when you have category coupons and people buy half the store. If you have a missed cartwheel it's even worse -- you have to process it as a wrong payment and call the transaction back up, which can potentially tie guests money up for upwards of 7 days. Not sure what HQ was thinking when they did this...

It's only certain districts (mine included). People at the HQ decided we were using it too much and took the option away. The only way we can fix it is to return the items and resell with the coupon (which absolutely SUCKS when you have category coupons and people buy half the store. If you have a missed cartwheel it's even worse -- you have to process it as a wrong payment and call the transaction back up, which can potentially tie guests money up for upwards of 7 days. Not sure what HQ was thinking when they did this...

For us, when I void transactions, most of the time is doesn't pull the transaction back up, so I have to ring up their items again.

They weren't thinking because they don't have to deal with it. Wait until they have a pissed off customer, who might be double billed before the credit happens, and it causes their acct to be overdrawn. It's been a PITA this week because of BTS. Imagine having to re-ring all the school supplies. Not to mention if you need to return something and re-ring it and the system deems the item defective and needing to be destroyed, there is shortage right there.

are you sure that they removed it or is it not appearing on registers? try reloading parameters. we've had k keys disappear before and that's how to get them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back