Archived Missing training due to illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, so I am a sales floor team member in training at the moment but I have a pretty bad cold and am considering calling out tomorrow. Will I be punished or fired for doing this? I would rather stay home rather than spread germs to guests and coworkers.

We had a team member miss her first few shifts/training do to illness. To my knowledge nothing happened until later when her attendance became an issue. If its a short shift, try and fight though it. Otherwise call out. Everyone gets sick.

It's better to show up and say that your not feeling well. Ask if u can go home( after u have punched in, and an hour into your shift or so.) it helps not having a call out on your attendance record.

If you are truly sick, stay at home. Don't bring your germs to work!

Hey everyone, so I am a sales floor team member in training at the moment but I have a pretty bad cold and am considering calling out tomorrow. Will I be punished or fired for doing this? I would rather stay home rather than spread germs to guests and coworkers.
It depends on your leadership. target treats all call outs the same. If your under your 90 days, according to policy yes you can be fired. In most cases you won't be though.

If you think you can get through the day than do it but if you are like "dying" than stay home.

I'm feel you I've been there scared shitless I'd get fire before my 90 days. I had a seizure when I first started (in the store mind you) and I actually attempted to come in to work the next day and the LOD was like "Bro go home." I hate missing work. I could get my leg cut off and I'd still try to show up for my shift.

If it's transferable, you should stay home. In places where interaction with a lot of people occurs, it's best to call in. If management doesn't understand, try to tough it out. I'd call and ask for permission. My store tells all new hires that if you're sick, from colds to diarrhea, call in. They'd rather have one person out a day or two than potentially have several team members call out and risk guests seeing sick team members touching food, packaged or not.

I'm feel you I've been there scared shitless I'd get fire before my 90 days. I had a seizure when I first started (in the store mind you) and I actually attempted to come in to work the next day and the LOD was like "Bro go home." I hate missing work. I could get my leg cut off and I'd still try to show up for my shift.
Knowing my store...they would just hand me some duct tape and tell me to tape my leg back on and get to the backroom and climb that damn ladder

Knowing my store...they would just hand me some duct tape and tell me to tape my leg back on and get to the backroom and climb that damn ladder
Ha I'd be like "Fuck that." I'm lucky to have some really good ETL's because I've heard some horror stories from people coming from other stores. I would hope mine would be more understanding when it comes to loss of limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back