Archived Missing Work Due to Inclement Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
My philosophy (and everyone else's in my store) is if I get in a car accident, my car flips over, spins off the bridge, flies into a tree, shuts down in the middle of the highway, etc...if they aren't gonna take responsibility then I won't be there. Yes, some of the examples listed are absurd, but shit happens, and if you expect me to risk my life even when the government issues a level 1(?) state of emergency that says avoid the roads if at all possible, pshh.

However, I will say my store is good about snowy days and will order takeout for those of us who do show up, and if they know the weather's going bad and there's not much going on we'll shut down early, and/or get as many team members out as soon as possible.

We've never actually closed early, but we would have I imagine the one day I mentioned if I hadn't been willing to stay an extra 4.5 hours and/or wanted to leave when everyone else did, as I was not told I had to stay, and we did close SB and FA because of the TM's working at them leaving.

The day before a snowstorm is usually crazy busy. People don't normally call out. Bad road conditions end up with a lot of people calling in but it's usually still busy from all the pulls due to traffic before the bad weather. Actual blizzard/snowstorm/ice storm conditions that shut down the city for more than a day...day two of a massive winter weather even is usually the best. The day before didn't see much business, small pulls, barely any business that day...easiest money you'll ever make. One year I went in during a blizzard and got paid to do almost nothing. I pulled the auto fills myself in an hour lol.

That was fairly unrelated. Show up if you can. Drive safe. Don't show up if you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back