Archived Mobile and Covering Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My STL insists that Target Mobile can cover breaks in Electronics and cover while team members go work CAFs, reshop, etc. I was told that they can never do this.

Who's right?

I don't think they have to but probably can cover if they want to and if a TL or higher approves of it. Most of the time Mobile is too busy or dislike helping guests to want to be all alone for 15 mins with them lol

I find myself depending on them more and more. I can't give them electronics keys but they have an alpha key on their set so worst case they can help out in a pinch. They still have to call LOD or a someone with the electronics keys to get into the stockroom to get their phones.

I could only imagine that it varies by store.
Our Mobile Team have alpha keys and six pin keys for items locked up in display boxes and the E&E lockup.

Mobile has their own objectives and goals, if they become distracted by tasks an Electronics TM is supposed to fulfill, they may miss the sale of a "080" cell phone accessory item, Beat's product, or a phone. With the recent remodel, the Mobile Manager and I had a talk about the how far they would like to assist guest with items that are not of their interest; he would prefer they do not stray too far from the carpeted area that has all of the phone displays, cell phone accessories, and Beat's.

I wouldn't depend on Mobile too much because we also have to sell attachments on devices, warranties, and RedCards. I was hired as Hardlines, but then my workcenter changed to Electronics, when I am working Electronics I notice the differences in my sales when I am trying to take Hardlines calls and help guest and run Electronics. With Target cutting hours it has been a bit of a pain as I cringe as our operator and guest service team screech over the walkie for hardline's assistance when I am electronics.

When mobile rolled out, it was explicitly spelled out in best practice that they were never to be used as coverage. That verbiage may have been removed, I haven't looked into it since the rollout.

Mobile at my store doesn't cover breaks or lunches. I only ask them to cover if I have to run to the bathroom.
They only carry mobile keys, they don't carry an S3 key or any key that opens any electronics lock box.

Our Mobile folks are super nice and they always answer questions. They also ask CIHYFS to every guest around the boat,
if the guest needs something unlocked or has a complicated question they will call a TM to assist. I wouldn't survive an electronics shift without them.

i could see my store trying to do this. but i believe it is not best practice. like they can help non mobile guests. and ring. but that's about it. they can't cover any breaks i believe.

We have between 2-3 target mobile people there at a time now ever since the remodel. Usually in the morning there is no electronics team member so target mobile will run it till noon or whenever someone gets there. They always cover breaks and lunches too.

Our store doesn't allow it. We work well enough together that we help each other out quite a bit. I've gone to the back when there's multiple electronic tm's and they have multiple guests buying phones to get phones for them and if I'm with someone and somebody needs a lock up item we'll give them our keys. But we still can't use them as breaks, gotta find an actual TM

At my store they don't cover breaks but they do carry electronics keys and ring guest out

Ours technically aren't supposed to do ANYTHING other than Target Mobile, since they're not on spots payroll, but they usually help us out due to sheer boredom.

I am a WTL, we are absolutely not allowed to cover breaks, since we are not technically team members and there are different regulations regarding our security. However, there is a lot of leniency in different stores, depending on the relationship between Mobile and the rest of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back