Monopoly - Target Edition

I hate Monopoly but collector's item? Maybe a good buy.
Oh? Well hold on let me ... get these... pants off. There we go...

Hey guys. Putting up some limited collector's edition boxer briefs for preorder. Dont miss out! Only $18.99!

Seriously though, its tragic how American society has become obsessed with garbage overpriced collectors items, just cheap plastic most of it.

Hey guys. Putting up some limited collector's edition boxer briefs for preorder. Dont miss out! Only $18.99!

Seriously though, its tragic how American society has become obsessed with garbage overpriced collectors items, just cheap plastic most of it.
As opposed to collecting what, Incan gold?

"Tragic" seems hyperbolic. And collecting things is a human quality, not one unique to Americans.

Also, like, just don't buy it then.

James Stephanie Sterling probably did the best evaluation on this.
They pointed out that there is a couple of generations now that can't afford to buy houses, invest in retirement, or do any of the things that their parents did.
So they buy things that make them feel good.
Funko pops, Skeleton Warrior Cards, Prisoner Box Sets, Everything by Devo on vinyl, collectables that can give them a little joy for right now.
Because they know their future is going to be an environmental hellscape littered with madness and crushing student debt.
So ease up and let them have their tiny slivers of happiness.

James Stephanie Sterling probably did the best evaluation on this.
They pointed out that there is a couple of generations now that can't afford to buy houses, invest in retirement, or do any of the things that their parents did.
So they buy things that make them feel good.
Funko pops, Skeleton Warrior Cards, Prisoner Box Sets, Everything by Devo on vinyl, collectables that can give them a little joy for right now.
Because they know their future is going to be an environmental hellscape littered with madness and crushing student debt.
So ease up and let them have their tiny slivers of happiness.
On the bright side they will be able to decorate their Nomadland vans with Funko and vinyl. Tell tales by the fire of the time they camped outside of a Target for 5 days to get whatever the consumer treadmill decided was "in".

On the bright side they will be able to decorate their Nomadland vans with Funko and vinyl. Tell tales by the fire of the time they camped outside of a Target for 5 days to get whatever the consumer treadmill decided was "in".

And now you know why Tank Girls tank looks the way it does.

tank-girl.jpg

Speaking of collectables.
Gotta have!
Can anybody say Lego Tank Girl?

TWSlegotankgirl.jpg

Get on it Lego.

Thanks for the heads up - I just ordered. $25. Is not overpriced. Most Monopoly Games are 34.99, some are more. I saw the 2007 Target Monopoly on eBay for $300.

My Guest Service ETL gave me the 2007 Target edition when I was a GSTL. Back then we would get a monthly box of ‘prizes’ to give to the cashiers to promote Redcard sign-ups. The ETL would put aside some of the items as rewards for other things too. She knew I had nearly 100 different Monopoly editions - from an original Parker Brothers 1935 to many tv show editions (spongebob!), movies (Star Wars), merchandise editions (HD, Coke), and famous people (Beatles, Dale E.). We often play Monopoly as a family on holidays - we haven’t played with every one yet though - some are still in original cellophane.

I have an old edition as well. Lots of fun for team members. This new game is apparently only takes 10 minutes to play and can be played solo At least according to Target.com.

My store got the games on Sunday. Mine won't be sent till 08/09/2021.
We got a bunch in last week. One made its way across the register last week. They all got set for orders today.

and I preordered at announce and mine will also be here the 9th.

Back