Archived Morale is at an all time low at my store

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It really is. In the 7 years I've been at the store, I've never seen it this bad. I think the terrible grade that the store got from the visit from the queen bitch was the clincher. The ETLs and TLs were in the store until about 3am early Tuesday morning getting ready for the queen bitch and the store still got a bad score. All of that cleaning and preparation and it wasn't good enough. We didn't even get credit for our effort.

I mean seriously, what's the point of even trying when you are dealing with an ungrateful bitch?

The ETLs are definitely down because of it. It's like they don't even want to be there and expect the store to suck ass each day. I've never seen it that bad. Numerous team members and team leads are currently looking for other work. The team lead in the backroom is looking for another job because we are supposedly getting a 2nd TL because the backroom is that bad. She apparently isn't too happy about it.

Me personally, my morale is definitely at an all time low at the store. My apathy is probably at an all time high during my sentence at Target. I've been really lazy with the backroom, not even trying to do backstock because I'm so caught up in doing other shit like cleaning, FF, making bales, and pulling price change batches.
Lately, when I've been pulling batches, I burn half or a fourth of what I pull. I just don't care. If it's going to take me more time than I want to waste. When I pull meat, dairy, and frozen, I just put the shit on anything not even caring if it's on a backstock tub or flat. Just anywhere. I don't really care how the CAF batches are done. As long as they get done before the 60 minutes, I'm good.

It's just really sad at the store. I honestly think everyone would be getting a present if the store was closed and put out of its misery.

This is the morale of the store right now

colin03.gif

Ya know what? Quit.

Seriously, if it's that bad to where all you do is complain on this forum you should just quit.

You're intentionally causing errors that increases the workload in other areas. You're a cancer in the system. Get out and save everyone else.

I should definitely quit but a cancer? Ouch!

You wouldn't last one day at my store. You would be begging the STL at my store to transfer your butt back to your original store the next day. :p

So you take pride in working a miserable, low paying job? Jack, it makes no sense why you still stay there. You've been complaining about your job and your life since your very first post over a year ago. You need to find a new job. Or you need to transfer. Or you need to just quit Target. Or you need to suck it up and stop complaining. Just my two cents.

By all means continue to use this place to vent, but feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to change your situation in any positive way. Staying in that store where you are miserable everyday and, in your own words, has basically killed the person you used to be is not good for your health.

You need to take a hard look at yourself and determine whether you actually hate your job and want things to change or you love hating your job and competing for the Guinness world record of world's longest self pity party. If you decide it's the former, then make a change today to get out of your current situation; if it's the latter, then I'm done wasting my care and advice on you.

Last edited:
Something weird has been happening at my store, too. I only work weekends these days, but every weekend this year has felt like 4th quarter. We're pulling in more sales than ever, but staffing is so bad that we're barely treading water all over the store. Backroom has been hit the hardest. We used to have 8 or 9 full time TMs in the backroom. Now we are down to.... Two full time guys, a part time guy, and me closing weekends. We had another full time morning TM that they decided to move to price change. Why??? And they won't hire any more people for the backroom! We're supposed to be "borrowing" TMs from flow to fill the gaps, but they can't even finish pushing the damn truck, plus most of them suck in the BR anyway.

I just moved an hour away, so I asked HR for a transfer to a store closer to me. I was denied because there are too few people in the backroom so they can't let me go. Idiots. They are forcing me to quit. They will be without me either way.

There's been pallets of backstock sitting on the line for days. Flow left two pallets of dairy to be pushed from FDC yesterday. Didn't even take the plastic wrap off. Because they needed to push leftover freight from Saturday. So they left the dairy push for Market. Who sure as hell doesn't have time for that.

Meanwhile we've got new Sr. TLs who think they know my job better than I do, coming back to micromanage me and make me waste my time. News flash: if FDC is coming the next day, I need to get the coolers and freezer cleaned. Don't send me to backstock HBC!

This company is a joke. I can't believe how much it's gone downhill. /rant

Seriously guys anybody else could have posted about how bad the moral at the store has gone down without everyone coming in and dogpiling on the poster.

Yeah, we all pretty much agree Jack needs to get out of retail but then I think that fits about 75% of us.
It doesn't mean his observations are any less valid.

Thanks @StackerMistress for moving the thread along.

I should definitely quit but a cancer? Ouch!

You wouldn't last one day at my store. You would be begging the STL at my store to transfer your butt back to your original store the next day. :p

Yes a cancer. I would be out for your head. You are screwing with my scans with locations score. By just dumping stuff anywhere. I scan research pulls because stuff is empty on the floor, but you don't actually give me that product to actually fill it(when its in the back). You wonder why your backroom is a mess - because of you!

Sales suck because there is not product on the shelf cause you just burned the batch I dropped. One quick example of how a cancer poisons an entire store.

Your leadership got bad scores since the visit saw right through their last minute BS and called them on it. If your leadership had a minimum of actual leadership in them they wouldn't need to be there until 3am.

You should hold yourself to the idea of not being part of the problem, let the slackers hang themselves.

@Jackswastedlife99 I can relate. The morale in my store is pretty low as well. I wouldn't say that its at an all time low ( I have seen it worse). I try to go into work do the best I can and realize that Spot is Spot. I can only do what I can do and the rest is what it is. Although, the morale is low...I refuse to let Spot break me...yes I may bend sometimes but I wont break. You are responsible for your actions just like your leadership is responsible for theirs ( so on and so forth).,,just do your job the best you can and try not to worry about the rest .

Last edited:
It really is. In the 7 years I've been at the store, I've never seen it this bad. I think the terrible grade that the store got from the visit from the queen bitch was the clincher. The ETLs and TLs were in the store until about 3am early Tuesday morning getting ready for the queen bitch and the store still got a bad score. All of that cleaning and preparation and it wasn't good enough. We didn't even get credit for our effort.

I mean seriously, what's the point of even trying when you are dealing with an ungrateful bitch?

We had an ETL-Food at my store who was the typical 22y/o recent college grad, no employment history etc. Anyway, her style was to tear you down unless every single thing was absolutely perfect. Nothing is ever perfect in retail so basically if you were on her team you got yelled at no matter what. This ultimately led to her employees giving no effort and not doing their jobs because if you're going to get treated like shit, what's the point of stressing yourself out trying to make everything perfect when you can just kick back in the TLO and take your inevitable lumps when they come.
anyway, she could've worked at Target forever Cuz that's just how they are sometimes. So my point is that if it bothers you like it bothered me, put all your energy towards taking steps to find other jobs and I mean ANY other job because chances are it won't be as bad as target is for you right now.

I filled out applications to other employers while on the clock, I called in sick to go to job fairs. I left work 2 hours early to interview for the job I have now and yes, I got talked down to and threatened and was put on corrective action but I also got a job that paid twice as much and treated me with respect and that helped me realize that I wanted to go back to school and work towards a career and the higher wage helped me achieve that. If I was still at Target I'd still be miserable, complaining about the same old things.

Yes morale is low and when that happens the most obvious thing people always say to you is to quit. It could be because they think you might be helping yourself or it could be that they are tired of hearing the negative crap.
Morale is always low when you have a group of people just wandering around getting themselves through the day, doing what they have to do in order to make their project look presentable enough so no one yells at them

I think that way of thinking has worked it's way right up the ladder, which causes empathy in every aspect of the corporation.

Instead of starting with hiring personnel (from the top person to the bottom man on the totem pole) who are professional enough to do their job to the fullest and follow through with every aspect of their job, target seems to have taken the avenue of "filling the position" Sometimes with lack of knowledge, sometimes with a person pulling strings, sometimes with the attitude of "better to have a body to be there then to have a complaining guest" attitude.

All fine and dandy but in the long run they are hurting themselves for the almighty dollar. Yes retail is all about numbers but if you don't have personnel who takes pride in what they are doing for your company, the company will never amount to much.

On a small level if we all take pride in what we are doing, we may help to improve the morale and also get other employees to follow suit.

I don't know, just an opinion.

I always take pride in what I do, even if I hate where I am or what I am doing. My job is a reflection upon me, and me alone.

Last edited:
The b word? If you're a bitch, you're a bitch. No ifs ands or buts. The DTL is an unrgateful bitch. Everyone from the cart pusher to the STL worked their asses off to clean the store up to impress her and that still wasn't good enough. I have no respect or sympathy for people like that.

The b word? If you're a bitch, you're a bitch. No ifs ands or buts. The DTL is an unrgateful bitch. Everyone from the cart pusher to the STL worked their asses off to clean the store up to impress her and that still wasn't good enough. I have no respect or sympathy for people like that.
Hopefully if we are employing female unaltered dogs they see better trained than the average tm...just saying.

It's gotten bad for our store too. But I'll be a monkeys aunt before I still doing it right. I'm not going to push reshop before filling the floor. I'm not going to push the hundredth box of k-cups before the berries are full or milk is filled. But I can speak to my method with vibe scores and sales numbers.

I agree, be glad you aren't in my br. I'd skin you alive and feed you to the etl-log for burning batches and sloppy pulls.

Hopefully if we are employing female unaltered dogs they see better trained than the average tm...just saying.

It's gotten bad for our store too. But I'll be a monkeys aunt before I still doing it right. I'm not going to push reshop before filling the floor. I'm not going to push the hundredth box of k-cups before the berries are full or milk is filled. But I can speak to my method with vibe scores and sales numbers.

I agree, be glad you aren't in my br. I'd skin you alive and feed you to the etl-log for burning batches and sloppy pulls.
As would I. I hold BR TM's accountable for that kind of crap. Do not make mine or other people's jobs harder by purposely screwing things up.

I think staying til 10pm to make sure all the price change batches makes up for taking it easy on the caf batches. Would you stay til 10pm to clear all the price change batches? Besides, the lazy assholes in the morning can fix errors since all they do is pull hours for one hour and back stock. They're definitely not wasting time on making bales because that would be too hard for them. Again, I challenge any of you to work a week at my store. You will be a monster after a week. Oh and I'm screwing things up? Then tell me why snack is back stocked in HIPA or how all of the water pallets aren't located? Or how i find numerous ghosts when I'm pulling caf batches? Or how I go to a location and find that fat free peanut butter and peanut butter are located as one dcpi? Don't you dare criticize my performance. You dont know anything about me or how my store is. You wouldn't last a day at my store. As I said earlier, you would be in clerical on day two begging hr and the stl to transfer you back to your store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. If you want me to whole ass it then fix the store. If not, shut the fuck up. Why should I pull a full tub of meat products that the shitty flow team just back stocked an hour ago? That is a waste of time. On FDC days, I basically burn most of the meat batches. I usually stop burning at 3pm when they leave. I mainly burn them because I don't want to get bitched at by a wig wearing grumpy woman that has bad BO. She's always bitching to me about how they have to come in at 7am instead of 3am and how she gets so mad when I pull shit she just back stocked. Newsflash: you are the one at fault. If you don't want your back stock to get pulled during the caf batches, you need to suck it up and back stock the right way. That mean your brain is going to have to work harder and you're going to press more buttons. STO and SUBT99

I think staying til 10pm to make sure all the price change batches makes up for taking it easy on the caf batches. Would you stay til 10pm to clear all the price change batches? Besides, the lazy assholes in the morning can fix errors since all they do is pull hours for one hour and back stock. They're definitely not wasting time on making bales because that would be too hard for them. Again, I challenge any of you to work a week at my store. You will be a monster after a week. Oh and I'm screwing things up? Then tell me why snack is back stocked in HIPA or how all of the water pallets aren't located? Or how i find numerous ghosts when I'm pulling caf batches? Or how I go to a location and find that fat free peanut butter and peanut butter are located as one dcpi? Don't you dare criticize my performance. You dont know anything about me or how my store is. You wouldn't last a day at my store. As I said earlier, you would be in clerical on day two begging hr and the stl to transfer you back to your store.

To be far man, you gave them the the ammunition for the critic by citing examples.
Those are obviously sore points for some people, accept that and move on.

On the use of the word bitch, I raised my daughters to think of it as meaning Beautiful Intelligent Talented Charming and Honest.
That way if some asshole boy used it against them they could smile and say, "Why yes, I am."
As adults, they'll pretty much cut you for that shit.

Just get out of the habit, if someones being ungrateful and nasty male or female say it.
If you need to add a swearword for emphasis non gender specific ones work just fine.
Asshat or douchenozzle and smeghead work for me.

Bitch to me is an annoying woman that makes my life harder just as an annoying man that makes my life harder is a dick. I'm not worried that much about Target. I won't be working for the umbrella corporation at the end of the year. I guess you could say I'm on a farewell tour.

Jack I still say that something is wrong with your store if "everything" they backstock is coming out on the next cafs.

As far as everything else goes, I've just got to laugh. Surely this is all some long and drawn out practical joke with an amazing payoff at the end. Or maybe this is the joke. Either way, I'm just gonna smile each time you post about how terrible your store is and that you are the only tm who does anything right. Maybe this is your memoirs? Title it "I Stand Alone: The Perilous Adventures of Jackswastedlife99 at T-Shithole in the 7th Circle of Hell, or How to Fail at Target Without Really Trying."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back