More than 2 week notice

Can you give more than a 2 week notice? Does this usually cause problems? I recently got a full time job that aligns close with my career and after 13 hours there coming to target to work early AM on my days off is tough. I am a TM not a TL, there just are not very many people trained in my area, at least who do it well.

You can give as much notice as you like. I would caution that if you give 4 weeks, your store will almost certainly wait until week 4 to start training someone else. I would give 2 weeks, working out the weeks that are already written. That is plenty of time for them to figure things out.

UPDATED: If you are TM and give more than two weeks notice I doubt they will bother to schedule you for those last two weeks.

In my store the schedule is posted on Fridays so I would look at the schedule and go from there.

I assume that you are PART-TIME like most TMs so there is no advantage to YOU giving them more notice than that.

Good luck in your new position.

Last edited:
At my store, once you give notice you are unlikely to appear on any future schedules. They'd much rather give the hours to people who are staying around. This doesn't apply to people who are leaving for school or moving away typically. It's just those who are leaving for a different job.

Back