Archived most pathetic thing you've seen at spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the best one I experienced was listening to some corporate toad trying to explain motivation techniques to an ETL at my store. Brainiac's idea was one that he had apparently implemented during his time at the store-level. As a morning warm-up, he would have the flow team dance the hokey pokey. It encapsulated the corporate view of the peons so well.
Exec: "DANCE MY PUPPETS DANCE!!!"

There was this team lead who would always call a team member by some foreign word. The team member would ask him, "What does that mean" and he would reply, "Good worker." I knew he was lying (for several reasons), but many of the people who worked there believed him!

I believe the best one I experienced was listening to some corporate toad trying to explain motivation techniques to an ETL at my store. Brainiac's idea was one that he had apparently implemented during his time at the store-level. As a morning warm-up, he would have the flow team dance the hokey pokey. It encapsulated the corporate view of the peons so well. I imagined our team of seasoned vets being degraded like this and chuckled internally. I was tempted to ask Brainiac if they do the same routine at corporate headquarters, but lacked the courage to follow through. I also speculated internally how long Brainiac would have lasted with his platoon in 'Nam before they killed him. This is the type of person who, apart form a corporate environment, would be utterly useless. It gets to the heart of my problem with the corporate model, which rewards unimaginative, butt-kissing sycophants who don't respect their employees and penalizes enterprising, imaginative people who do respect their employees.

I once interviewed for a job at Whole Foods. During the interview with two managers they asked me what I would do if they dressed me up as a tomato. I asked them what was the reason, for marketing or something? They said "no reason just for fun". WTF? Obviously decided to stay at Target after that..... Just because people don't make much money doesn't mean it is right to make them do stupid sh** for your own amusement.

Just like Wal-mart - their official policy is to make employees at every store do a Wal-mart chant and sometimes dance.

I guess the most pathetic thing I ever saw at Target was when one of our TLs got caught committing worker's comp fraud. Of course she got fired, but the fact that she even thought she could get away with that is really lame. It didn't help that she was an ineffective TL anyhow.
Then there was the ETL who got caught stealing. There was also the ETL who got caught riding a pallet jack like a scooter - after he was put on a final for losing his keys.

I believe the best one I experienced was listening to some corporate toad trying to explain motivation techniques to an ETL at my store. Brainiac's idea was one that he had apparently implemented during his time at the store-level. As a morning warm-up, he would have the flow team dance the hokey pokey. It encapsulated the corporate view of the peons so well. I imagined our team of seasoned vets being degraded like this and chuckled internally. I was tempted to ask Brainiac if they do the same routine at corporate headquarters, but lacked the courage to follow through. I also speculated internally how long Brainiac would have lasted with his platoon in 'Nam before they killed him. This is the type of person who, apart form a corporate environment, would be utterly useless. It gets to the heart of my problem with the corporate model, which rewards unimaginative, butt-kissing sycophants who don't respect their employees and penalizes enterprising, imaginative people who do respect their employees.

reminds me of working at ups, there was this corporate type manager that I think you are describing. Well, one day he came in with a gym whistle around his neck and thought he was gonna be our drill sergeant and whip us into shape. The first time he blew the whistle and yelled at somebody, about ten people just burst out laughing at him. He ran offsite and then two days later somebody drew a huge picture in the restrooms of him in permanent marker. It was an overweight human with a pigs head and it red "Jim bob is a big fat pig..." Lol he stayed pretty low key after that.

Fresh out of college ETL's who are trying to figure out what to do. Let's not forget that one.

Let's see...
1. Raincheck app telling you to use an app that was removed years ago.
2. Temporary Price Cut: 0% off on Merona Clothes.
3. Meat and Produce guys playing broom hockey in the produce cooler because there was no truck.
4. A guy who only worked the AD on Sundays showing up high half the time and no call no showing the other half and not getting fired until 3 months later.
5. Signs that come in that say 'Intentionally left blank'.
6. Setting up rainchecks/instant substitute signs for product that's 2 cents off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back